Your roadmap to delivering with excellence
Reading time: 2 minutes
Aristotle said “Excellence is an art won by training and habituation… [it] is not an act, but a habit.” Excellence doesn’t come from luck, but from effort and planning and while there is a lot of hard work involved, anyone can achieve greatness with time.
With this in mind, we want to help you on your way to greatness. Check out our Delivering With Excellence infographic now, and watch the video below. We’ve also put together a couple of handy hints to prepare you on your way.
Organization is the starting block of excellence. While it’s tempting to jump head-first into a new project, it’s important to make time to plan it out. Use Google Docs to create shared timelines and assign tasks so everyone involved can access and update accordingly.
Have you ever worked on a job where you ended up in meetings about meetings about meetings…? While it’s important to touch base along the way, there are better ways to track progress like one-to-one catchups or detailed scheduling, leaving everyone more time for the important stuff.
A new project means a fresh start. Allocate staff resources early on to ensure workloads are balanced. Give everyone a portion of the project to own – pressure makes diamonds, and it will make everyone feel more invested.
Don’t stay in a dead end
If your initial idea or thought process isn’t working, don’t be afraid to try a new one. Sometimes a new approach or a new way of thinking is the best course of action, even if it means abandoning something you’ve already spent time on.
Your client knows their industry better than anyone, but you know yours. So don’t be afraid to take charge and offer new suggestions and ideas that they may not have considered, the worst thing they can say is no.
Watch the video below for more information – see you on the path to excellence!
Related Google News:
- Your Android is now even safer — and 5 other new features February 23, 2021
- At your service! With schedule-based autoscaling, VMs are at the ready February 22, 2021
- Stay informed by customizing your budgets February 22, 2021
- More options for sharing your availability in Google Calendar February 22, 2021
- Architect your data lake on Google Cloud with Data Fusion and Composer February 19, 2021
- Ship your Go applications faster to Cloud Run with ko February 16, 2021
- Service Directory is generally available: Simplify your service inventory February 16, 2021
- Quality to match with your user’s expectations February 11, 2021