Your roadmap to delivering with excellence
Reading time: 2 minutes
Aristotle said “Excellence is an art won by training and habituation… [it] is not an act, but a habit.” Excellence doesn’t come from luck, but from effort and planning and while there is a lot of hard work involved, anyone can achieve greatness with time.
With this in mind, we want to help you on your way to greatness. Check out our Delivering With Excellence infographic now, and watch the video below. We’ve also put together a couple of handy hints to prepare you on your way.
Organization is the starting block of excellence. While it’s tempting to jump head-first into a new project, it’s important to make time to plan it out. Use Google Docs to create shared timelines and assign tasks so everyone involved can access and update accordingly.
Have you ever worked on a job where you ended up in meetings about meetings about meetings…? While it’s important to touch base along the way, there are better ways to track progress like one-to-one catchups or detailed scheduling, leaving everyone more time for the important stuff.
A new project means a fresh start. Allocate staff resources early on to ensure workloads are balanced. Give everyone a portion of the project to own – pressure makes diamonds, and it will make everyone feel more invested.
Don’t stay in a dead end
If your initial idea or thought process isn’t working, don’t be afraid to try a new one. Sometimes a new approach or a new way of thinking is the best course of action, even if it means abandoning something you’ve already spent time on.
Your client knows their industry better than anyone, but you know yours. So don’t be afraid to take charge and offer new suggestions and ideas that they may not have considered, the worst thing they can say is no.
Watch the video below for more information – see you on the path to excellence!
Related Google News:
- Email threads with recipients outside your organization will be labeled “External” April 29, 2021
- Updated guidance to improve your app quality and discovery on Google Play April 29, 2021
- 4 simple steps to make the perfect spreadsheet to power your no-code app April 29, 2021
- How Anthos supports your multicloud needs from day one April 29, 2021
- How to transfer your data to Google Cloud April 27, 2021
- Simplify your Chrome OS migration with Parallels Desktop April 27, 2021
- Whitepaper: Hold your own key with Google Cloud External Key Manager April 23, 2021
- Control your data usage and improve device performance with new data saver setting for… April 22, 2021