Why I Ride with Waymo: Jesse
Editor’s note: We love seeing our Waymo One riders share their experience with the world. After catching this video of one of Jesse’s recent rides, we reached out to him to get more info on how it went. In the Phoenix area and want to experience a fully autonomous ride for yourself? Just download the Waymo app and hail one instantly!
How did you hear about Waymo One?
I heard about Waymo from my roommate. He told me it was something I might like so I downloaded the app and called a car right away to see it for myself.
What was your first fully autonomous ride like? When did it start to feel like a normal part of your daily life?
My first fully autonomous ride was the very first ride I booked with Waymo. I thought it was very fun, and I smiled the whole time calling all my friends on FaceTime. I didn’t want to get out – I was having so much fun!
What do you primarily use Waymo One for?
I primarily use Waymo to get around and go to Walmart mostly. I just moved here, and most ride-hailing companies are expensive, but Waymo always has the best prices. The cars are also always clean and ready for me when they pull up.
What’s the most interesting thing that’s happened to you while riding with the Waymo Driver?
In the Waymo ride I just took, there was a bus that pulled over in front of us, and the car read that and knew when it was safe to go around. It did better than some people that have driver’s licenses. I was very impressed about it, and it just made me wonder if this car with no human driver can do it, why can’t most of the people on the road do it?
What would you say to people who might be hesitant to get in a car with no human driver?
Most people would be hesitant to get in a car when there is no one in the front seat, I’m not! And most people that commented on my Facebook video stated that they would be scared or would never do that, but I had a great experience and would hop in a Waymo ride before using any other service.
Related Google News:
- Why Verizon Media picked BigQuery for scale, performance and cost February 12, 2021
- Why a leader at Twitter thinks Google Cloud training is a must for IT execs and employees February 4, 2021
- Introducing: Black@Waymo February 4, 2021
- Think big: Why Ricardo chose Bigtable to complement BigQuery January 14, 2021
- Why I Ride with Waymo: Xavier January 13, 2021
- Girl Scouts of Northeast Texas, Waymo team up to transport cookies January 12, 2021
- Why you'll hear us saying fully autonomous driving tech from now on January 6, 2021
- Application rationalization: Why you need to take this first step in your migration journey December 22, 2020