What’s new with Google Cloud
Want to know the latest from Google Cloud? Find it here in one handy location. Check back regularly for our newest updates, announcements, resources, events, learning opportunities, and more.
Week of Oct 5-9 2020
Introducing the Google Cloud Healthcare Consent Management API—This API gives healthcare application developers and clinical researchers a simple way to manage individuals’ consent of their health data, particularly important given the new and emerging virtual care and research scenarios related to COVID-19. Read the blog.
Announcing Google Cloud buildpacks—Based on the CNCF buildpacks v3 specification, these buildpacks produce container images that follow best practices and are suitable for running on all of our container platforms: Cloud Run (fully managed), Anthos, and Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE). Read the blog.
Providing open access to the Genome Aggregation Database (gnomAD)—Our collaboration with Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard provides free access to one of the world’s most comprehensive public genomic datasets. Read the blog.
Introducing HTTP/gRPC server streaming for Cloud Run—Server-side HTTP streaming for your serverless applications running on Cloud Run (fully managed) is now available. This means your Cloud Run services can serve larger responses or stream partial responses to clients during the span of a single request, enabling quicker server response times for your applications. Read the blog.
New security and privacy features in Google Workspace—Alongside the announcement of Google Workspace we also shared more information on new security features that help facilitate safe communication and give admins increased visibility and control for their organizations. Read the blog.
Introducing Google Workspace—Google Workspace includes all of the productivity apps you know and use at home, at work, or in the classroom—Gmail, Calendar, Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides, Meet, Chat and more—now more thoughtfully connected. Read the blog.
New in Cloud Functions: languages, availability, portability, and more—We extended Cloud Functions—our scalable pay-as-you-go Functions-as-a-Service (FaaS) platform that runs your code with zero server management—so you can now use it to build end-to-end solutions for several key use cases. Read the blog.
Announcing the Google Cloud Public Sector Summit, Dec 8-9—Our upcoming two-day virtual event will offer thought-provoking panels, keynotes, customer stories and more on the future of digital service in the public sector. Register today at no cost.
Related Google News:
- New look and feel for the Google Meet Android mobile app October 9, 2020
- Create breakout rooms for more engaged distance learning in Google Meet October 9, 2020
- Use new APIs to understand and audit group memberships October 9, 2020
- Providing open access to the Genome Aggregation Database (gnomAD) on Google Cloud October 9, 2020
- Announcing Google Cloud buildpacks—container images made easy October 9, 2020
- Lock files via the Google Drive API to prevent content edits October 8, 2020
- Access checker for Slides now checks permissions when you share with new users October 8, 2020
- See read receipts on direct messages in Google Chat, now generally available October 8, 2020