Waymo and Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA) expand autonomous driving technology partnership
In addition, Waymo will work exclusively with FCA as our preferred partner on the development and testing of L4 autonomous light commercial vehicles* for goods movement, including in Waymo Via. We will initially target integration of the Waymo Driver into the Ram ProMaster van, a highly configurable platform that will enable access to a broad range of global commercial customers.
The expansion of our partnership with FCA is the latest step towards scaling and deploying the World’s Most Experienced Driver across ride-hailing, trucking, local delivery, and personal car ownership. We’re fortunate to have the opportunity to build upon the deep roots we’ve established with FCA.
John Krafcik, Chief Executive Officer, Waymo: “FCA was our first OEM partner, and we’ve come a long way together. The Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid minivans were the first vehicles in our Waymo One fleet, and, guided by the Waymo Driver, have now safely and reliably driven more fully autonomous miles than any other vehicle on the planet. Today, we’re expanding our partnership with FCA with the Waymo Driver as the exclusive L4 autonomy solution for this global automotive company. Together, we’ll introduce the Waymo Driver throughout the FCA brand portfolio, opening up new frontiers for ride-hailing, commercial delivery, and personal-use vehicles around the world.”
Mike Manley, Chief Executive Officer, FCA: “Our now four-year partnership with Waymo continues to break new ground. Incorporating the Waymo Driver, the world’s leading self-driving technology, into our Pacifica minivans, we became the only partnership actually deploying fully autonomous technology in the real world, on public roads. With this next step, deepening our relationship with the very best technology partner in this space, we’re turning to the needs of our commercial customers by jointly enabling self-driving for light commercial vehicles, starting with the Ram ProMaster. Adding Waymo’s commitment to partner with us to deploy its L4 fully autonomous technology across our entire product portfolio, our partnership is setting the pace for the safe and sustainable mobility solutions that will help define the automotive world in the years and decades to come.”
* Class 1 – 3
Related Google News:
- Choose the best way to use and authenticate service accounts on Google Cloud April 27, 2021
- Apply context-aware access policies to mobile and desktop applications April 27, 2021
- Recommended strategies and best practices for designing and developing games and stories on… April 26, 2021
- Colgate-Palmolive moves to the cloud with Chrome Enterprise and Google Workspace April 26, 2021
- Data analytics and intelligence tools to play a key role post-COVID April 23, 2021
- Chrome 91: Handwriting Recognition, WebXR Plane Detection and More April 22, 2021
- Contributing to a sustainable future with Chrome OS and partners April 22, 2021
- Control your data usage and improve device performance with new data saver setting for… April 22, 2021