Use the Count API to estimate Vault API export sizes
Quick launch summary
We’re adding a Count API to the Vault API. The Count API enables you to see the number of messages, files, or other data items that match a search query.
You can use the number of items to estimate the size of the export, and then choose to proceed with the export or adjust the query to retrieve fewer items. This can help ensure a successful export by reducing the likelihood of export errors due to size.
- Rapid and Scheduled Release domains: Gradual rollout (up to 15 days for feature visibility) starting on October 15, 2020
- Available to Business Plus, Enterprise Standard, Enterprise Plus, Enterprise for Education, as well as other customers with the Vault add-on license
- Not available to Essentials, Business Starter, Business Standard, Education, and Nonprofits customers
- This feature was listed as an upcoming release.
Related Google News:
- Make every marketing dollar count with attribution and lift measurement October 12, 2020
- Use new APIs to understand and audit group memberships October 9, 2020
- Lock files via the Google Drive API to prevent content edits October 8, 2020
- The Google Cloud Healthcare Consent Management API: protecting emerging data in digital care… October 8, 2020
- Service accounts in Google Groups and with Groups API now generally available September 29, 2020
- Google named a leader in the 2020 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Full Life Cycle API Management September 28, 2020
- Export data from Cloud SQL without performance overhead September 16, 2020
- Google Cloud API Gateway is now available in public beta September 8, 2020