Use Google Voice and Google Fi, now with the same account
Quick launch summary
Google Voice now works with Google Fi, so you can have separate Fi and Voice numbers on the same Google account. This means you can use different numbers for different purposes, like one for family and friends and one for work. When you set up forwarding in Google Voice or Google Fi, you’ll receive calls from both numbers in one central place.
We hope this change makes it easier for you to manage your calls.
Admins: There is no admin control for this feature.
End users: To manage both Voice and Fi with the same Google account, set up call forwarding on the Google Voice settings page. To sign up for Fi, go to fi.google.com or download the Fi app.
- Rapid and Scheduled Release domains: Full rollout (1–3 days for feature visibility) starting on June 22, 2020
- Available to all Google Voice & Google Fi users
Related Google News:
- Google Workspace Updates Weekly Recap - February 19, 2021 February 19, 2021
- Architect your data lake on Google Cloud with Data Fusion and Composer February 19, 2021
- Black History Month: Celebrating the success of Black founders with Google Cloud: Get Optimal Tech February 19, 2021
- New option to download third-party apps and domain wide delegation to CSV February 18, 2021
- Changes to information visibility in Meet quality tool, Meet audit log, and Reports API February 18, 2021
- Marian Croak’s vision for responsible AI at Google February 18, 2021
- Basis Universal Textures - Khronos Ratification and Support February 18, 2021
- Apple TV+ is now available on Google TV February 18, 2021