Use Gmail alongside other iOS apps with iPad Multitasking
Quick launch summary
When using an iPad, you’re now able to multitask with Gmail and other iOS applications. You can use Gmail and Google Calendar at the same time with Split View to check your schedule before replying to an email to confirm a meeting time. Or, you can easily drag and drop pictures from Google Photos into an email without leaving Gmail.
Admins: There is no admin control for this feature.
End users: This feature will be available by default. To turn on Multitasking on your iPad, go to the Settings app > Home Screen & Dock > Multitasking and select “Allow Multiple Apps.” Visit the Apple Help Center to learn more.
To enter split view, when in Gmail and swipe up from the bottom of the screen to open the Dock. On the Dock, touch and hold the app you want to open and drag it to the left or right edge of your screen.
We also recommend you enable Keyboard Shortcuts for Gmail on your iPad for even more efficiency as you multitask.
- Rapid and Scheduled Release domains: This feature is available now to all users.
- Available to all G Suite customers and users with personal Google Accounts
Related Google News:
- Your Android is now even safer — and 5 other new features February 23, 2021
- New option to download third-party apps and domain wide delegation to CSV February 18, 2021
- Email aliases now included in Gmail search results February 11, 2021
- Expanding the reach of your Android Auto apps January 28, 2021
- How leading enterprises use API analytics to make effective decisions January 28, 2021
- Preparing our partners for Apple’s iOS 14 policy updates January 27, 2021
- 21 websites and apps to make your 2021 better January 21, 2021
- Resize the Chat and Rooms sections in Gmail on the web January 19, 2021