Updates to Admin console security settings section, new location for password policy reporting
We’ve streamlined the security settings section of the Admin console. Specifically you may notice:
- Interface and content updates to Admin console > Security
- A new location for password policy reporting at Admin console > Reports
See more details below.
Why it matters
This is the latest in a series of updates we’ve made in the last few months to improve the Admin console. These updates will make your security settings easier to see, and help you find important settings which can help you maintain a strong security posture for your organization.
Interface and content updates to Admin console > Security
- An updated and reorganized interface for the main security settings section at Admin Console > Security.
- A new banner to the top of the Admin Console > Security page, which has links to learn more about security and privacy in Google Cloud. Previously this information was in a dedicated section (at Admin console > Security > Security and privacy resources) which has now been removed.
- The removal of password policy reporting from this section. It’s now been moved to the Reports section (see more below).
A new location for password policy reporting at Admin console > Reports
Data on user password policy compliance has been moved to the Reports section of the Admin console. Now you can find information such as password strength and length requirements at Admin Console > Reports > Accounts, and Admin Console > Reports > User reports > Security. Previously, this was at Admin console > Security > Password monitoring.
By adding this data to the reports section, you can now use filters, view by OU, view historical values, and download reports features that were not available in the previous location.
In addition, when reporting on password policy compliance, we now simply show whether or not a user’s password length is in compliance with the configured policy. Previously, we stated the specific length of the password.
New password compliance information in the Admin console > Reports section
You can now use filters, view by OU, view historical values, and download reports for password compliance data
The new interface for the Security section of the Admin console
- Admins: These changes will take place automatically. To learn more about managing these areas, use our Help Center to learn more about enforcing and monitoring users’ password requirements or managing security settings for your organization.
- End users: No end user impact.
- Rapid and Scheduled Release domains: Gradual rollout (up to 15 days for feature visibility) starting on July 16, 2020
- Available to all G Suite customers
Related Google News:
- New and improved Google Chat UI on the web March 22, 2021
- How we built a new tool without ever meeting in person March 18, 2021
- Turbo boost your Compute Engine workloads with new 100 Gbps networking March 17, 2021
- How carbon-free is your cloud? New data lets you know March 17, 2021
- Earn the new Google Kubernetes Engine skill badge for free March 17, 2021
- New resources for video SEO March 17, 2021
- Login related audit events are now located in a single location in the Admin console March 16, 2021
- Meet the new Nest Hub March 16, 2021