Updated interface for managing Google Groups in the Admin console
Quick launch summary
We’re updating the interface admins use to manage Google Groups for Business in their organizations. Google Groups for Business settings let admins control how Google Groups can be created and used within their domains. All the same settings will be available in the new interface, but the structure will be revamped to make it easier to find and change settings.
In addition, we’re adding Groups information to the Admin audit log, which will enable admins to see when and by whom settings were changed.
A new look for Groups for Business settings
Groups information is now in the admin audit log
- Admins: You’ll see the new interface by default when you go to Admin console > Apps > G Suite > Groups for Business. Visit the Help Center to learn more about managing Groups for your organization.
- End users: No end-user impact.
- Rapid and Scheduled Release domains: Gradual rollout (up to 15 days for feature visibility) starting on September 17, 2020
- Available to all G Suite customers
- This feature was listed as an upcoming G Suite release.
Related Google News:
- Google Workspace Updates Weekly Recap - February 26, 2021 February 26, 2021
- Cash App uses Google Cloud to power mobile payments innovation and research February 26, 2021
- Troubleshooting services on Google Kubernetes Engine by example February 26, 2021
- A Matter of Impact: February updates from Google.org February 26, 2021
- Black History Month: Celebrating the success of Black founders with Google Cloud: Switchboard Live February 26, 2021
- Let Google Calendar automatically book a replacement room for your events February 25, 2021
- New Cloud Security Podcast by Google is here February 25, 2021
- Reminder: Ending support for IE11 for all Google Workspace apps on March 15 February 25, 2021