Update your G Suite mobile and desktop apps before August 12, 2020, to ensure they continue working
In 2018, we began making changes to our API and service infrastructure to improve performance and security. As a result of these changes, some older versions of G Suite desktop and mobile apps may stop working on August 12, 2020. In particular, versions released prior to December 2018 may be impacted.
To ensure their workflows are not disrupted, your users should update the following Google apps to the latest versions as soon as possible:
- Admins: Encourage your users to upgrade their apps. If you deploy Drive File Stream to your organization, ensure you’re using the latest version.
- End users: Upgrade the apps listed above to the latest versions as soon as possible.
- Rapid and Scheduled Release domains: Full rollout (1–3 days for feature visibility) starting on August 12, 2020
- This impacts all G Suite customers and users with personal Google accounts.
Related Google News:
- Architect your data lake on Google Cloud with Data Fusion and Composer February 19, 2021
- New option to download third-party apps and domain wide delegation to CSV February 18, 2021
- Changes to information visibility in Meet quality tool, Meet audit log, and Reports API February 18, 2021
- Basis Universal Textures - Khronos Ratification and Support February 18, 2021
- New in Google Cloud VMware Engine: improved reach, networking and scale February 18, 2021
- A look at how we tackle fake and fraudulent contributed content February 18, 2021
- Introducing Cloud Domains: Easily register and manage custom domains February 17, 2021
- To the cloud and beyond! Planning a multi-year data center migration February 17, 2021