Turning conversations into sales
Reading time: 2 minutes
Is it the application of science or a sprinkling of magic that helps you convert leads into bona fide new agency business? We take a look at some of the tried and tested approaches that Google Partner agencies have put to work when turning warm leads into signed-up new clients.
Here are three top takeaways that can give you an advantage:
Do your homework about potential clients
It pays to find out who the clients are and do your research. Today, every company has a footprint online, and you’ll want to discover how they portray their brand on a variety of digital channels. If they are doing social media right, the tone of their tweets will give you an insight into how they operate. Look at their website, company videos, anything they’ve published. Consider what works well. Also think about what doesn’t work, as this will give you a route into what your agency could bring to the table.
Always be closing
The sales mantra ‘always be closing’ suggests you should continually look to close a deal and check a client’s readiness to do business. With agency leads, more likely it’s the case that potential clients will let you know when they are ready. But they’ll need to understand the added value you offer first. Naturally, your agency will want to be seen as digital experts, so a tip-top landing page on your web domain is a great tool to show off your wares. Make sure your headline copy is punchy and engaging, and don’t forget to use clear and well designed case-studies to add credibility to your story.
It’s not us, it’s you
However you approach a prospective new client, one thing is paramount: be useful. You need to find out which area you think they could use some help in (having done your R&D), and tell them about a clear solution your agency can offer. No sales talk. They will want to hear about the most relevant things first and foremost. Then you just have to convince them that you are ones for the job.
Want to learn more? Download this handy infographic
Related Google News:
- Improvements for locating new comments and important conversations in Google Docs February 22, 2021
- Getting vaccines into local communities safely and effectively February 1, 2021
- Loading complex CSV files into BigQuery using Google Sheets January 14, 2021
- How banks can build resilience into core systems and accelerate a return to innovation in 2021 December 11, 2020
- Use Secure LDAP to log into MacOS with Google credentials December 10, 2020
- Turning the page on Google Play Books' first decade December 9, 2020
- Changes to Google Chat group conversations and classic Hangouts coming December 3, 2020 November 30, 2020
- Introducing Google News Initiative Conversations November 18, 2020