Turn Google Meet Quick access on or off from Google Calendar
Quick launch summary
Meeting organizers in G Suite for Education and Enterprise for Education domains can now turn Quick access on or off for a meeting from the event in Google Calendar. The Quick access setting helps organizers control if participants must ask to join the video meeting. By adding controls to calendar events, organizers can configure the setting appropriately in advance of the meeting. Previously, the setting could only be controlled via the Host controls menu during the meeting.
As announced last week, the Quick access setting is now “sticky” for recurring meetings. That means that if you change the setting—either before the meeting via Google Calendar or during the meeting via in-call settings—it will be saved for any future meetings that use the same meeting code.
Control Quick access from the event in Google Calendar
- Admins: There is no admin control for this feature.
- End users: Quick access is turned ON by default for all meetings. It can be turned off or on for each meeting, and any changes will be saved for future meetings that use the same meeting code. Visit our Help Center to learn more about Quick access.
- Rapid Release and Scheduled Release domains: Full rollout (1–3 days for feature visibility) starting on December 15, 2020
- Available to G Suite for Education and Enterprise for Education customers
- Not available to Google Workspace Essentials, Business Starter, Business Standard, Business Plus, Enterprise Essentials, Enterprise Standard, and Enterprise Plus, as well as G Suite Basic, Business, and Nonprofits customers
Related Google News:
- New and improved Google Chat UI on the web March 22, 2021
- Find files shared with you using updated search operators in Google Drive March 22, 2021
- Changes to Google Drive search operators may alter your Google Vault search results March 22, 2021
- Alternate runtimes makes it easier to build Google Workspace Add-ons, now generally available March 22, 2021
- Evolving Google Workspace Add-ons with Alternate Runtimes March 22, 2021
- The past, present and future of custom compute at Google March 22, 2021
- Road to recovery: How Google Cloud is helping states get the COVID-19 vaccine to more people March 22, 2021
- Be informed when someone subscribes to email notifications of your Calendar March 22, 2021