Tools for small businesses impacted by bushfires
The devastating bushfires have impacted communities across Australia. Countless small businesses have been affected – both directly through damage to premises and as customers can’t reach their business in the way they usually would.
Online tools can help to get information out and reach these audiences. We’re working to assist small businesses to help address immediate issues with their online presence.
Businesses impacted by the bushfires may want to consider taking the following steps on their Google My Business profile to provide the most timely and accurate information on Google Search and Maps:
- Editing your hours of operation so customers can know if they are open, closed, or have modified hours on Google Search and Maps.
- If you’re unable to be at your physical business location, update your business phone number to your mobile phone, so you can answer business calls remotely.
- Create free posts to communicate timely information like service changes or inventory updates directly on the Google My Business profile.
- Download the free Google My Business app, and activate messaging on your Business Profile to allow customers text you directly from Google Search and Maps.
Businesses impacted by bushfires can seek assistance related to their Google Ads campaigns by contacting the bushfire support hotline on 1800 287 850. We can help you pause campaigns, get help with payments, or start new campaigns as your business picks up.
We are also hosting free digital skills training sessions for small businesses in impacted communities to help them get back on their feet. Our first training will be in Shellharbour on 10 March 2020 and you can find more details about upcoming events at Grow with Google.
Posted by Rich Flanagan, Head of Business Marketing, Google Australia Read More
Related Google News:
- Data analytics and intelligence tools to play a key role post-COVID April 23, 2021
- More time, tools, and details on the page experience update April 19, 2021
- Tools to help developers provide a positive user experience April 7, 2021
- Speeding up small queries in BigQuery with BI Engine April 1, 2021
- Local students team up to help small businesses go online March 25, 2021
- Digital tools create a safety net for European businesses March 24, 2021
- Helping small business customers think big with help from cloud technology March 4, 2021
- New tools make children's books easier to read March 2, 2021