Tools for small businesses impacted by bushfires
The devastating bushfires have impacted communities across Australia. Countless small businesses have been affected – both directly through damage to premises and as customers can’t reach their business in the way they usually would.
Online tools can help to get information out and reach these audiences. We’re working to assist small businesses to help address immediate issues with their online presence.
Businesses impacted by the bushfires may want to consider taking the following steps on their Google My Business profile to provide the most timely and accurate information on Google Search and Maps:
- Editing your hours of operation so customers can know if they are open, closed, or have modified hours on Google Search and Maps.
- If you’re unable to be at your physical business location, update your business phone number to your mobile phone, so you can answer business calls remotely.
- Create free posts to communicate timely information like service changes or inventory updates directly on the Google My Business profile.
- Download the free Google My Business app, and activate messaging on your Business Profile to allow customers text you directly from Google Search and Maps.
Businesses impacted by bushfires can seek assistance related to their Google Ads campaigns by contacting the bushfire support hotline on 1800 287 850. We can help you pause campaigns, get help with payments, or start new campaigns as your business picks up.
We are also hosting free digital skills training sessions for small businesses in impacted communities to help them get back on their feet. Our first training will be in Shellharbour on 10 March 2020 and you can find more details about upcoming events at Grow with Google.
Posted by Rich Flanagan, Head of Business Marketing, Google Australia Read More
Related Google News:
- Supporting small businesses around the world February 17, 2021
- Postmaster Tools API now available February 4, 2021
- Honoring the legacy of Black-owned businesses in the U.S. February 1, 2021
- Opening up Google's Windows management tools January 29, 2021
- New tools to troubleshoot network and performance issues in Google Meet January 12, 2021
- Redesigning Search would harm American consumers and businesses December 17, 2020
- A more private web can help businesses grow December 17, 2020
- Digital tools and skills bring economic recovery in Canada December 15, 2020