Think Quarterly, The Play Issue
Vast entertainment libraries can be accessed at the touch of a button. Video games are moving from teenage bedrooms to corporate boardrooms. Every lunch queue or quiet moment is an opportunity to create, collaborate or compete online with friends and strangers.
And in just a few days the greatest Games of all are coming to London, with 11,500 athletes taking part in a global celebration of sport.
At Google, we know that play is a serious business. It’s why we launched our new online entertainment service, Google Play, and it’s why this issue of Think Quarterly is dedicated to play in all its forms.
We speak with the world’s most playful brands, including the reconstruction of LEGO, the colorful evolution of Crayola and the free-roaming future of Disney. Our Country Director of Brazil, Fabio Coehlo gives readers a tour of marketing’s newest and most fun-filled frontier. We were granted exclusive access to the digital teams delivering the Olympics on both sides of the Atlantic; surfaced the latest research from our UX team on social gaming; and learned the secret to making YouTube videos that go viral.
I hope you have fun reading the issue and follow our Think with Google Plus page.
Posted by Rich Pleeth, Think Quarterly EditorRead More
Related Google News:
- Quicksave: The latest from Google Play Pass January 29, 2021
- Think big: Why Ricardo chose Bigtable to complement BigQuery January 14, 2021
- Ready to play? New games on your Smart Display December 16, 2020
- Opening the Google Play Store for more car apps December 16, 2020
- Turning the page on Google Play Books' first decade December 9, 2020
- Easy to build, monetize, and discover: List your web app on Google Play December 9, 2020
- Google Play’s Best of 2020 December 1, 2020
- A closer look at 2020’s best apps and games from Google Play December 1, 2020