The benefits of consolidating media buys on a single platform
With DoubleClick’s Programmatic Guaranteed solution, advertisers and media owners can transact both reservation and open auction media buys programmatically, using a single platform. This means advertisers get one view of all their buys across a campaign, allowing them to more effectively control reach and frequency so they get better results. And advertisers and media owners each benefit from a simpler and more efficient workflow.
We worked with Nielsen and the Boston Consulting Group (BCG) to quantify the benefits of this technology for advertisers, agencies and media owners.
Across 10 global campaigns, we found that the consolidated ad buying approach offered by Programmatic Guaranteed drove an 11% increase in reach efficiency. This means that marketers in the Nielsen study reached 11% more unique consumers — without increasing their campaign investment — when using Programmatic Guaranteed, compared to a siloed approach where reservation and open auction buys were managed separately.1
Buyers and sellers also save significant time when using Programmatic Guaranteed: from insertion order to billing, agency marketers in the BCG study spent 30% less time on set-up and ongoing management of campaigns compared to traditional reservations. Media owners in the BCG study spent 57% less time on set-up and ongoing management of Programmatic Guaranteed campaigns compared to traditional reservations.2
To learn more about the results, make sure to download the full report.
1 Results based on a Google commissioned study conducted by Nielsen. The siloed media buying portion of the test reached on average 322,575 unique consumers for each million impressions compared to the consolidated media portion that reached 359,617 unique consumers.
2 Results based on Google commissioned study conducted by The Boston Consulting Group, “A Guaranteed Opportunity in Programmatic”, February, 2018.
|Posted by Andrea Vassalli
Product Marketing Manager
Related Google News:
- Introducing Model Search: An Open Source Platform for Finding Optimal ML Models February 19, 2021
- Databricks on Google Cloud: an open integrated platform for data, analytics and machine learning February 17, 2021
- Making transport easier and more affordable across India’s urban centers with Google Maps Platform February 16, 2021
- Why Verizon Media picked BigQuery for scale, performance and cost February 12, 2021
- Power your retail media business with Google February 9, 2021
- Focusing on Stadia’s future as a platform, and winding down SG&E February 1, 2021
- Homesearch makes looking for real estate easier with Google Maps Platform January 19, 2021
- How Cloud Operations helps users of Wix’s Velo development platform provide a better… January 13, 2021