Support for multiple Exchange endpoints on Google Calendar
We’re enabling support for multiple Microsoft Exchange endpoints so Google Calendar users can view calendar availability for Exchange users across multiple Exchange environments within Calendar Interop. Calendar Interop is a feature that lets you sync events and availability between Google Calendar and Exchange (both on-premises and Exchange Online).
Admins and end users
Why you’d use it
If your organization has multiple subsidiaries, or if you want to share calendar availability between trusted external partners, you can now add their Exchange server endpoint as an additional endpoint in the Calendar Interop tool. Each new endpoint must have a unique domain.
- Admins: The new setting update can be found in the Admin console at Apps > Workspace > Calendar > Calendar Interop management. Visit our Help Center to learn more about setting up Exchange calendar availability sharing in the Admin console.
- End users: Once an additional Exchange endpoint is added, end users should be able to view calendar availability within a few hours.
- Rapid and Scheduled Release domains: Full rollout (1–3 days for feature visibility) starting on November 17, 2020
- Available to Workspace, Business Starter, Business Standard, Business Plus, Enterprise Standard, and Enterprise Plus, as well as G Suite Basic and Business customers
- Not available to Workspace Essentials, Enterprise Essentials, as well as G Suite Education, Enterprise for Education, and Nonprofits customers
Related Google News:
- 21 Google Cloud tools, each explained in under 2 minutes February 28, 2021
- Google Workspace Updates Weekly Recap - February 26, 2021 February 26, 2021
- Cash App uses Google Cloud to power mobile payments innovation and research February 26, 2021
- Troubleshooting services on Google Kubernetes Engine by example February 26, 2021
- A Matter of Impact: February updates from Google.org February 26, 2021
- Black History Month: Celebrating the success of Black founders with Google Cloud: Switchboard Live February 26, 2021
- Let Google Calendar automatically book a replacement room for your events February 25, 2021
- New Cloud Security Podcast by Google is here February 25, 2021