Support for multiple Exchange endpoints on Google Calendar
We’re enabling support for multiple Microsoft Exchange endpoints so Google Calendar users can view calendar availability for Exchange users across multiple Exchange environments within Calendar Interop. Calendar Interop is a feature that lets you sync events and availability between Google Calendar and Exchange (both on-premises and Exchange Online).
Admins and end users
Why you’d use it
If your organization has multiple subsidiaries, or if you want to share calendar availability between trusted external partners, you can now add their Exchange server endpoint as an additional endpoint in the Calendar Interop tool. Each new endpoint must have a unique domain.
- Admins: The new setting update can be found in the Admin console at Apps > Workspace > Calendar > Calendar Interop management. Visit our Help Center to learn more about setting up Exchange calendar availability sharing in the Admin console.
- End users: Once an additional Exchange endpoint is added, end users should be able to view calendar availability within a few hours.
- Rapid and Scheduled Release domains: Full rollout (1–3 days for feature visibility) starting on November 17, 2020
- Available to Workspace, Business Starter, Business Standard, Business Plus, Enterprise Standard, and Enterprise Plus, as well as G Suite Basic and Business customers
- Not available to Workspace Essentials, Enterprise Essentials, as well as G Suite Education, Enterprise for Education, and Nonprofits customers
Related Google News:
- Google Workspace Updates Weekly Recap - April 30, 2021 April 30, 2021
- This week’s stories from Google Cloud: April 30, 2021 April 30, 2021
- A Matter of Impact: April updates from Google.org April 30, 2021
- Applications are now open for the first Google Cloud Accelerator Canada April 30, 2021
- Updated guidance to improve your app quality and discovery on Google Play April 29, 2021
- Trash to treasure: How Google thinks about deconstruction April 29, 2021
- Five ways we’re making Google the safer way to search April 29, 2021
- How we fought Search spam on Google in 2020 April 29, 2021