SUBJECT: Write emails faster with Smart Compose in Gmail
Email makes it easy to share information with just about anyone—friends, colleagues and family—but drafting a message can take some time. Last year, we introduced Smart Reply in Gmail to help you quickly reply to incoming emails. Today, we’re announcing Smart Compose, a new feature powered by artificial intelligence, to help you draft emails from scratch, faster.
Draft emails quickly with confidence
From your greeting to your closing (and common phrases in between), Smart Compose suggests complete sentences in your emails so that you can draft them with ease. Because it operates in the background, you can write an email like you normally would, and Smart Compose will offer suggestions as you type. When you see a suggestion that you like, click the “tab” button to use it.
Smart Compose helps save you time by cutting back on repetitive writing, while reducing the chance of spelling and grammatical errors. It can even suggest relevant contextual phrases. For example, if it’s Friday it may suggest “Have a great weekend!” as a closing phrase.
Over the next few weeks, Smart Compose will appear in the new Gmail for consumers, and will be made available for G Suite customers in the workplace in the coming months.
To get started, make sure you’ve enabled the new Gmail by going to Settings > “Try the new Gmail.” Next, go to the general tab in your settings, scroll down and enable “experimental access.” If you want to switch back, you can always uncheck the box.
Related Google News:
- Faster, cheaper, greener? Pick the Google Cloud region that’s right for you April 20, 2021
- How-to Write a Python Fuzzer for TensorFlow April 1, 2021
- 11 quick tips for making the most of Gmail, Meet, Calendar, and more in Google Workspace April 1, 2021
- Safeguarding time and attention with Google Workspace and Gmail March 23, 2021
- Customize notification frequency with more options in Google Chat and Chat in Gmail March 22, 2021
- Cloud Bigtable + Cloud Memorystore: faster together March 12, 2021
- Policy changes and certification requirement updates for Smart Home Actions March 11, 2021
- Enhanced admin controls for Gmail IMAP March 2, 2021