SUBJECT: Write emails faster with Smart Compose in Gmail
Email makes it easy to share information with just about anyone—friends, colleagues and family—but drafting a message can take some time. Last year, we introduced Smart Reply in Gmail to help you quickly reply to incoming emails. Today, we’re announcing Smart Compose, a new feature powered by artificial intelligence, to help you draft emails from scratch, faster.
Draft emails quickly with confidence
From your greeting to your closing (and common phrases in between), Smart Compose suggests complete sentences in your emails so that you can draft them with ease. Because it operates in the background, you can write an email like you normally would, and Smart Compose will offer suggestions as you type. When you see a suggestion that you like, click the “tab” button to use it.
Smart Compose helps save you time by cutting back on repetitive writing, while reducing the chance of spelling and grammatical errors. It can even suggest relevant contextual phrases. For example, if it’s Friday it may suggest “Have a great weekend!” as a closing phrase.
Over the next few weeks, Smart Compose will appear in the new Gmail for consumers, and will be made available for G Suite customers in the workplace in the coming months.
To get started, make sure you’ve enabled the new Gmail by going to Settings > “Try the new Gmail.” Next, go to the general tab in your settings, scroll down and enable “experimental access.” If you want to switch back, you can always uncheck the box.
Related Google News:
- Announcing Jetpack Compose Beta! February 24, 2021
- Android Dev Challenge: lift off with Jetpack Compose February 24, 2021
- Signify chooses Google Cloud IoT Core to power Philips Hue smart lighting February 18, 2021
- Ship your Go applications faster to Cloud Run with ko February 16, 2021
- Email aliases now included in Gmail search results February 11, 2021
- Addressing Range Anxiety with Smart Electric Vehicle Routing January 27, 2021
- Respond to customers faster and more accurately with Dialogflow CX January 27, 2021
- Sign in to sites faster and personalize your lock screen January 26, 2021