Stay connected more easily with Meet in Gmail on mobile
On a given day, I’m joining a dozen video calls—some are for work and others are scheduled times to catch up with friends (virtual trivia has become a quarantine favorite!). With video calling being an integral part of our lives, we made Google Meet free and available for everyone last month, and also brought it into Gmail on the web. Today, we’re bringing Meet to Gmail on Android and iOS, so that you can easily join video meetings from your inbox.
In the coming weeks, you’ll soon notice a new Meet tab on your phone’s Gmail app where you can see upcoming meetings scheduled in Google Calendar, and easily join them with a single tap.
In the Meet tab, tap on “New meeting” to start a meeting instantly, get a meeting link to share, or to schedule a meeting in Calendar. If you tap on “Join with a code,” you can join meetings shared with you by entering a meeting code.
If you don’t want Meet to appear as a tab in the Gmail app, access the Settings from the hamburger menu in the top left corner of your inbox, tap on your account, scroll down and uncheck Meet.
Related Google News:
- Meet the EMEA startups and scaleups redefining their industries with cloud technology March 25, 2021
- India’s Google Developer Groups meet up to ace their Google Cloud Certifications March 24, 2021
- Meet the Google for Startups Accelerator Canada Class of 2021 March 24, 2021
- Google Search sends more traffic to the open web every year March 24, 2021
- Safeguarding time and attention with Google Workspace and Gmail March 23, 2021
- Celebrating Women’s History Month at Google Canada: Meet Sylvie LaPerrière March 23, 2021
- Customize notification frequency with more options in Google Chat and Chat in Gmail March 22, 2021
- Road to recovery: How Google Cloud is helping states get the COVID-19 vaccine to more people March 22, 2021