Stadia Savepoint: August updates
It’s the end of August, and that means it’s time for another update in our Stadia Savepoint series, detailing the additions we’ve made to the Stadia platform this month.
In August, players experienced the best of professional golf in PGA Tour 2K21, battled demons on Mars in DOOM and explored a beautiful hand-drawn adventure in Spiritfarer, in addition to many other new games now available for purchase on the Stadia store. Stadia Pro subscribers gained instant access to 23 games this month, the most free games we’ve offered yet–plus access to the first Free Play Days event for Borderlands 3. Our partners revealed new games coming soon to Stadia, including Larian Studios who announced that Baldur’s Gate 3 will be arriving in Early Access on Sept. 30.
We also introduced new deals for players featuring Stadia Pro and products:
- Get $10 off when you purchase the Claw and the Stadia Controller together on the Google store to play Stadia on your mobile device. Offer ends Aug. 31, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. PT.
- If you’re not yet a Pro member, get three free months of Stadia Pro as a perk with any eligible Chromebook released after June 2017.
Game volume slider on Chromecast and web
We’ve added a separate game volume slider to all audio settings on the Stadia platform. You can adjust the sliders for max volume, game audio and voice chat independently on Chromecast and in a Chrome browser.
Stadia Pro updates
- Claim six new games for free with Stadia Pro in September: Super Bomberman R Online, Gunsport, Hitman, Hello Neighbor, Metro: Last Light Redux and Embr Early Access.
- Twenty-three existing games are still available to add to your Stadia Pro collection: Destiny 2: The Collection, PLAYERUNKNOWN’S BATTLEGROUNDS, GRID, SteamWorld Quest: Hand of Gilgamech, SteamWorld Dig, SteamWorld Dig 2, SteamWorld Heist, The Turing Test, GYLT, Get Packed, Little Nightmares, Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid, SUPERHOT, Panzer Dragoon Remake, Crayta, Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom, West of Loathing, Orcs Must Die! 3, Strange Brigade, Kona, Metro 2033 Redux, Just Shapes & Beats and Rock of Ages 3: Make & Break.
- Act quickly: It’s your last chance to add Kona, GRID and Get Packed to your Stadia Pro collection before Sept. 1.
- There are still ongoing discounts for both Stadia Pro subscribers and all players – check out the web or mobile Stadia store for the latest.
Recent content launches on Stadia
Related Google News:
- Google Workspace Updates Weekly Recap - April 30, 2021 April 30, 2021
- A Matter of Impact: April updates from Google.org April 30, 2021
- Google Workspace Updates Weekly Recap - April 21, 2021 April 23, 2021
- Google Workspace Updates Weekly Recap - April 16, 2021 April 16, 2021
- A Matter of Impact: March updates from Google.org March 26, 2021
- Policy changes and certification requirement updates for Smart Home Actions March 11, 2021
- Google Workspace Updates Weekly Recap - March 5, 2021 March 5, 2021
- News Brief: February Updates from the Google News Initiative March 4, 2021