Set your status as away in Google Chat in Gmail
Quick launch summary
You can now set yourself as “away” in Chat in Gmail.
When you set your status to away, you will show as offline to others, even when you’re active, helping you to focus solely on your work uninterrupted.
|New presence menu in Gmail|
|Set your status as away on Gmail mobile apps|
For domains that still use chat in classic Hangouts, disabling the “Show when you were last active” setting will now show you as away in Chat.
This feature is rolling out to Gmail on the web and the Gmail iOS app. It will be coming soon to the Gmail app on Android. We will post on the Google Workspace Updates blog when this rollout begins.
- Admins: There is no admin control for this feature.
- End users: This feature will be off by default. To set your status to away, select that option in the presence menu in Gmail.
- Available to Business Starter, Business Standard, Business Plus, Enterprise Essentials, Enterprise Standard, Enterprise Plus, Education, Enterprise for Education, and Nonprofits customers
- Not available to Essentials customers
Related Google News:
- Google Workspace Updates Weekly Recap - February 19, 2021 February 19, 2021
- Architect your data lake on Google Cloud with Data Fusion and Composer February 19, 2021
- Black History Month: Celebrating the success of Black founders with Google Cloud: Get Optimal Tech February 19, 2021
- Marian Croak’s vision for responsible AI at Google February 18, 2021
- Apple TV+ is now available on Google TV February 18, 2021
- New framework expands Google Cloud access globally February 18, 2021
- Signify chooses Google Cloud IoT Core to power Philips Hue smart lighting February 18, 2021
- New in Google Cloud VMware Engine: improved reach, networking and scale February 18, 2021