Security groups now generally available
Quick launch summary
We’re making security groups generally available. Security groups help you easily regulate, audit, and monitor groups used for permission and access control purposes by simply adding the security label. See our beta announcement for more details and use cases for security groups.
We’ve recently announced several other features that can help you better manage groups in your organization and improve your security posture. These include group membership expiration and the indirect membership visibility and membership hierarchy APIs.
- Admins: You can assign a group as a security group through the Cloud Identity Groups API, and then manage these groups through the Admin SDK Groups API, the Admin console, or the Cloud Identity Groups API. See our API documentation to learn how to update a Google Group to a security group.
- End users: There is no end user setting for this feature.
- Rapid Release and Scheduled Release domains: Full rollout (1–3 days for feature visibility) starting on February 9, 2021.
- Available to Google Workspace Essentials, Business Starter, Business Standard, Business Plus, Enterprise Standard and Enterprise Plus customers, as well as G Suite Basic, Business, Education, Enterprise for Education and Nonprofits customers
Related Google News:
- Apple TV+ is now available on Google TV February 18, 2021
- Automatic group membership management with dynamic groups, now generally available February 17, 2021
- Limit Google Drive sharing to specific groups with target audiences, now generally available February 16, 2021
- Helping users keep their organization secure with their phone's built-in security key February 16, 2021
- New whitepaper: CISO’s guide to Cloud Security Transformation February 16, 2021
- Service Directory is generally available: Simplify your service inventory February 16, 2021
- Email aliases now included in Gmail search results February 11, 2021
- Updates on the Tsunami Security Scanning Engine February 10, 2021