Seamless payments and password management in Chrome
Many people choose to save their payment information and passwords for their favorite websites to their Google Account for easy access. Until recently, it was not always easy to access them in Chrome. For example: in that moment where you (finally!) found the perfect holiday gift, and started the checkout, Chrome couldn’t help you access the login credentials you had saved in Password Manager, or the payment methods you had added to your account, unless you had Chrome sync turned on for that device.
More convenient sign in on Android
Easier payments with Chrome on Android
When you sign in to Chrome on your Android phone using the new single tap option, you’ll soon be able to autofill the payment methods stored in your Google Account for a more convenient shopping experience. Chrome will ask you to confirm the card’s CVC or let you authenticate with biometrics, and then you’re good to go. You can also save a new credit card to your account to use it across all your devices. Each time you save a card to your account, you will receive a confirmation email. You can manage and delete the cards at any time by going to your Payment methods in your account.
Easier Password Management on Chrome desktop
With this change we’re also bringing Chrome’s password generation feature to more people, helping them create strong and unique passwords for the many online accounts people manage when using Chrome.
Keep an eye out for these features over the coming months, and as always, be sure to keep tabs on our blog for future updates.
Posted by Sabine Borsay, Product Manager, ChromeRead More
Related Google News:
- Customize notification frequency with more options in Google Chat and Chat in Gmail March 22, 2021
- New and improved Google Chat UI on the web March 22, 2021
- The past, present and future of custom compute at Google March 22, 2021
- Additional language support for live captions in Google Meet on Android and iOS devices March 22, 2021
- Chrome can now caption audio and video March 18, 2021
- Building real-time market data front-ends with websockets and Google Cloud March 18, 2021
- Google People API now supports batch mutates and searches of Contacts March 17, 2021
- Data-driven insights to improve teaching and learning through the Unizin Data Platform are… March 17, 2021