Schedule Google Calendar events from Google Chat
Quick launch summary
You can now schedule meetings in Calendar directly from Chat conversations. You’ll see a new icon in the conversation’s compose bar.
Clicking on the icon will start a draft calendar event with the attendees from the chat. You can then customize the invite (including attendees) before sending it to guests.
On mobile, the draft event will open in the Calendar app.
On the web, the draft event will open in the side panel.
This feature is currently rolling out to Chat in the Android Gmail app as well as the Chat Android mobile app and will begin rolling out to the Chat in Gmail on the web and Chat iOS app in the coming weeks.
- Admins: This feature will be ON by default for all domains with Calendar enabled.
- End users: There is no end user setting for this feature.
- Rapid Release and Scheduled Release domains: Gradual rollout (up to 15 days for feature visibility) starting on November 12, 2020
- Available to Workspace Essentials, Business Starter, Business Standard, Business Plus, Enterprise Essentials, Enterprise Standard, and Enterprise Plus, as well as G Suite Basic, Business, Education, Enterprise for Education, and Nonprofits customers
Related Google News:
- Announcing the 12 remarkable innovators selected for the upcoming Google for Startups… February 22, 2021
- At your service! With schedule-based autoscaling, VMs are at the ready February 22, 2021
- End a Google Meet video call for everyone at once February 22, 2021
- More options for sharing your availability in Google Calendar February 22, 2021
- Improvements for locating new comments and important conversations in Google Docs February 22, 2021
- What’s in a name? Understanding the Google Cloud network “edge” February 22, 2021
- Google Workspace Updates Weekly Recap - February 19, 2021 February 19, 2021
- Architect your data lake on Google Cloud with Data Fusion and Composer February 19, 2021