Say “Hey Google” to do more with your voice on Google Meet hardware kits
To make meetings more seamless, all G Suite users can now simply say “Hey Google” to take action on a Google Meet hardware kit. This feature was previously available in beta on ASUS Google Meet hardware kits. It’s now generally available on those same ASUS devices, as well as on Logitech meeting room kits.
With this new feature, you can say “Hey Google” to join and leave video meetings, dial a phone number, and more. For example, try saying, “Hey Google, join my next meeting” to get started, hands-free.
Admins and end users
Why you’d use it
Voice control with Google Meet hardware can:
- Streamline the in-meeting room experience by enabling touch-free join, exit, and dialing functionality.
- Increase accessibility by making it easier to activate spoken feedback.
How to get started
Admins: This voice control is OFF by default and can be enabled at the domain level. Visit the Help Center to learn more about enabling voice control for Google Meet hardware kits.
End users: End users can disable this feature in the meeting room using the touch screen. Visit the Help Center to learn more about using voice control in video meetings.
- Rapid and Scheduled Release domains: Gradual rollout (up to 15 days for feature visibility) starting on July 23, 2020
- All G Suite editions
Related Google News:
- Chrome OS is paving the way for return to office at Google May 6, 2021
- A map of storage options in Google Cloud May 6, 2021
- New safety section in Google Play will give transparency into how apps use data May 6, 2021
- Plan a perfect weekend with new Google Assistant features May 6, 2021
- Making the Internet more secure one signed container at a time May 6, 2021
- PyTorch on Google Cloud: How To train PyTorch models on AI Platform May 5, 2021
- Additional admin controls for Google Voice ring groups May 5, 2021
- A handy new Google Cloud, AWS, and Azure product map May 5, 2021