Resuming SameSite Cookie Changes in July
In April, we temporarily rolled back the enforcement of SameSite cookie labeling to ensure stability for websites providing essential services in the critical initial stage of COVID-19 response. We indicated plans to resume the rollout over the summer.
Since April we have continued to monitor overall ecosystem readiness, and engage with websites and services to ensure they are prepared for the SameSite labeling policy. We are planning to resume our SameSite cookie enforcement coinciding with the stable release of Chrome 84 on July 14, with enforcement enabled for Chrome 80+.
As with the previous rollout, the enforcement will be gradual and we will keep you informed on timing and any possible changes on the SameSite Updates page on Chromium.org. Our overall guidance for developers hasn’t changed and you can find more information along with resources and channels to provide feedback in this previous Chromium post and on Web.dev.
Posted by Justin Schuh – Director, Chrome EngineeringRead More
Related Google News:
- Changes to Google Drive search operators may alter your Google Vault search results March 22, 2021
- Policy changes and certification requirement updates for Smart Home Actions March 11, 2021
- Changes to information visibility in Meet quality tool, Meet audit log, and Reports API February 18, 2021
- Managing schema changes on Cloud Spanner using Liquibase February 11, 2021
- Changes to Google Chat group conversations and classic Hangouts coming December 3, 2020 November 30, 2020
- Changes to Google Workspace storage policies starting June 1, 2021 November 11, 2020
- Google Summer of Code 2021 will bring some changes October 26, 2020
- Changes to Google Chat migration timeline October 15, 2020