Resuming our driving operations in Phoenix
- Redesigned how we work and move in our facilities: We’ve redefined how we work and move around in our facilities to respect social distancing guidelines, including spacing out our work areas to abide by the recommended six feet of social distancing, redefining use of common areas, and limiting maximum capacity for our spaces.
- New personal health & safety training: We’ve created trainings for our team around new safety standards and expectations, how we’ll work and move around in our facilities, as well as steps to ensure their health and safety, and that of their teammates. In line with Arizona guidance, our team will wear face masks in Waymo facilities or vehicles (unless a person is driving alone in the vehicle).
- Increased cleaning and disinfection: We’ve deep cleaned our facilities and, in partnership with AutoNation, are conducting multiple daily cleanings of our vehicles.
- Health monitoring: We’re working with an occupational healthcare provider to screen all individuals before they enter our facilities.
We’re taking a thoughtful and measured approach towards bringing our driving operations back on the road. We’ll begin driving in other cities in the days and weeks to come, including San Francisco, Detroit, and Los Angeles, and the resumption of our driving operations in these locations will similarly be guided by ensuring the safety and health of our team in line with CDC and state and local guidance.
Related Google News:
- Our all-new TalkBack screen reader February 23, 2021
- Expanding our testing in San Francisco February 17, 2021
- What you can learn in our Q1 2021 Google Cloud Security Talks February 10, 2021
- Preparing our partners for Apple’s iOS 14 policy updates January 27, 2021
- How our customers modernize business intelligence with BigQuery and Looker January 26, 2021
- Take the first step toward SRE with Cloud Operations Sandbox January 22, 2021
- AG Paxton’s misleading attack on our ad tech business January 17, 2021
- How Cloud Operations helps users of Wix’s Velo development platform provide a better… January 13, 2021