Replace your background in Google Meet
You can now replace your background with an image in Google Meet. You can either use Google’s hand-picked images, which include office spaces, landscapes, and abstract backgrounds, or upload your own image.
Why you’d use it
Custom backgrounds can help you show more of your personality, as well as help hide your surroundings.
We recently launched the ability to filter out disruptive background noise and blur your background in Google Meet. Together, these features reduce audio and visual distractions, and help ensure more productive meetings.
Virtual backgrounds work directly within your browser and do not require an extension or any additional software. At launch, they’ll work on ChromeOS and on the Chrome browser on Windows and Mac desktop devices. Support on Meet mobile apps will be coming soon; we’ll announce on the Google Workspace Updates blog when they become available.
Admins: At launch, there will be no admin control for this feature. Admin controls to select which organizational units can use custom and preset backgrounds for meetings they organize will be introduced later this year. We’ll announce on the Google Workspace Updates blog when they’re available.
End users: This feature is OFF by default. Visit our Help Center to learn more about how to change your background on Google Meet.
- Available to Essentials, Business Starter, Business Standard, Business Plus, Enterprise Essentials, Enterprise Standard, Enterprise Plus, Enterprise for Education, and Nonprofits customers and users with personal Google accounts.
- Selecting your own picture is not available to participants of meetings organized by Education customers.
- This feature was listed as an upcoming release.
Related Google News:
- Track changes in SQL Server on Google Cloud using Change Data Capture April 22, 2021
- Control your data usage and improve device performance with new data saver setting for… April 22, 2021
- Celebrating Earth Day with our inaugural Google for Startups Accelerator: Climate Change cohort April 22, 2021
- Better protect your web apps and APIs against threats and fraud with Google Cloud April 22, 2021
- Choosing the right orchestrator in Google Cloud April 21, 2021
- Use Virtual Private Cloud Service Controls to create security perimeters around Google Cloud… April 21, 2021
- Google Meet now gives you more space for content and control over layouts for a more… April 21, 2021
- Your Chromebook gets a little more helpful April 21, 2021