Quickly add a contact into a Gmail message on Android
Quick launch summary
Gmail users on Android can now automatically add a contact to the “To” line of an email by typing “+” or “@” in the body of the email and then choosing the contact’s name from the list that appears.
This feature was previously available on the web.
Admins: There is no admin control for this feature.
End users: This feature will be ON by default. Visit the Help Center to learn more about sending messages in Gmail.
- Rapid and Scheduled Release domains: Extended rollout (potentially longer than 15 days for feature visibility) starting on September 1, 2020
- Available to all G Suite customers
Related Google News:
- Announcing the Android Ready SE Alliance March 25, 2021
- Safeguarding time and attention with Google Workspace and Gmail March 23, 2021
- Customize notification frequency with more options in Google Chat and Chat in Gmail March 22, 2021
- Alternate runtimes makes it easier to build Google Workspace Add-ons, now generally available March 22, 2021
- Evolving Google Workspace Add-ons with Alternate Runtimes March 22, 2021
- Additional language support for live captions in Google Meet on Android and iOS devices March 22, 2021
- Android 12 Developer Preview 2 March 17, 2021
- Android Dev Challenge Finale: Weather app March 17, 2021