Promote curbside pickup in your local inventory ads
In today’s rapidly changing environment, people are looking for real-time updates when it comes to store information and product availability. Searches for “in-stock” grew more than 70 percent globally from the week of March 28 to April 4, as consumers sought to avoid ecommerce shipping delays. We’re here to help you connect local shoppers with the products they need quickly, and promote your safer fulfillment options, like in-store and curbside pickup.
Using local inventory ads, retailers can show users that the products they are searching for are available for nearby store pickup. Now, you can indicate if you offer curbside pickup, right in your local inventory ads. This feature is available in the countries where local inventory ads have launched: Australia, Austria, Brazil, Canada, Denmark, France, Germany, Japan, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland, the UK and the U.S.
Petco is using the curbside pickup badge to highlight contactless pickup availability on essential products like pet food and supplies that are available nearby for same-day or next-day pickup. “As a trusted partner in caring for the overall health and wellness of pets, we’re committed to ensuring pet parents have the essential products they need during this time,” said Jay Altschuler, Petco Vice President of Media Transformation. “To make shopping easier and safer for both pet parents and our own employees, we’ve proudly made a number of changes including launching curbside pickup at most Petco stores nationwide.”
The local inventory ads curbside pickup badge is currently in beta and available to advertisers who have completed the onboarding for store pickup. Reach out to your account team if you’re interested in including curbside pickup in your ads, or complete this form.
If you aren’t running local inventory ads, you can still let customers know whether your store offers pickup, delivery, or curbside pickup. Using Google My Business, you can add or edit attributes to your Business Profile that appear on Search and Maps. This is available globally.
For additional help navigating your retail business through COVID-19, download our Retail Guide.
Related Google News:
- Optimizing your bucket options in Cloud Storage February 27, 2021
- Let Google Calendar automatically book a replacement room for your events February 25, 2021
- Protect against bot attacks to future-proof your business February 25, 2021
- Your Android is now even safer — and 5 other new features February 23, 2021
- At your service! With schedule-based autoscaling, VMs are at the ready February 22, 2021
- Stay informed by customizing your budgets February 22, 2021
- More options for sharing your availability in Google Calendar February 22, 2021
- Architect your data lake on Google Cloud with Data Fusion and Composer February 19, 2021