Performance and cost optimization best practices for machine learning
Cloud computing provides the power and speed needed for Machine Learning (ML), and allows you to easily scale up and down. However, this also means that costs may spin out of control if you don’t plan ahead, which is especially fraught now, given that businesses are particularly cost conscious.
To use Google Cloud effectively for ML, then, it’s important to follow best practices to optimize for performance and costs. To help you do just that, we published a new set of best practices—based on our experience working with advanced ML customers—on how you can enhance the performance and decrease the costs of your ML workloads on Google Cloud, from experimentation to production. The guide covers various Smart Analytics and Cloud AI services in different phases of the ML process, as illustrated in the diagram below, namely:
We also provide best practices for monitoring performance and managing the cost of ML projects with Google Cloud tools. Are you ready to optimize your ML workloads? Check out the Machine Learning Performance and Cost Optimization Best Practices to get started.
Acknowledgements: We’d like to thank Andrew Stein (Product Manager, Cloud Accelerators), Chad Jennings (Product Manager, BigQuery), Henry Tappen (Product Manager, Cloud AI), Karthik Ramachandran (Product Manager, Cloud AI), Lak Lakshmanan (Head of Data Analytics and AI Solutions), Mark Mirchandani (Developer Advocacy, Cost Management), Kannappan Sirchabesan (Strategic Cloud Engineer, Data and Analytics), Mehran Nazir (Product Manager, Dataflow), and Shan Kulandaivel (Product Manager, Dataflow) for their contributions to the best practice documentation.
Related Google News:
- Troubleshoot BigQuery performance with these dashboards April 2, 2021
- Analyze your GKE and GCE logging usage data easier with new dashboards April 1, 2021
- 11 quick tips for making the most of Gmail, Meet, Calendar, and more in Google Workspace April 1, 2021
- Unlock geospatial insights with Data Studio and BigQuery GIS April 1, 2021
- Why Google Cloud is the ideal platform for Block.one and other DLT companies April 1, 2021
- Maps tips for the adventurer, foodie and go-getter in you April 1, 2021
- Add and manage four new types of citations in Google Docs March 31, 2021
- Migrate your MySQL and PostgreSQL databases using Database Migration Service, now GA March 31, 2021