Partnering with Volvo Car Group to scale the Waymo Driver
On the path to building the World’s Most Experienced Driver, we partner with some of the world’s largest automakers to realize our mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. We focus on custom designing our hardware suite, software, and compute. We then collaborate with carmakers, leveraging their expertise in automotive design, engineering, and manufacturing, to help us create vehicles that integrate easily with the Waymo Driver, making them well-suited for ride hailing, local delivery, trucking, and personal car ownership. That’s why we’re pleased to share today our latest automotive partnership.
Waymo is now the exclusive global L4 partner for Volvo Car Group, a global leader in automotive safety, including its strategic affiliates Polestar and Lynk & Co. International. Through our strategic partnership, we will first work together to integrate the Waymo Driver into an all-new mobility-focused electric vehicle platform for ride hailing services.
Adam Frost, Chief Automotive Officer, Waymo: “This key partnership with Volvo Car Group helps pave the path to the deployment of the Waymo Driver globally in years to come, and represents an important milestone in the highly competitive autonomous vehicle industry. Volvo Car Group shares our vision of creating an autonomous future where roads are safer, and transportation is more accessible and greener. We’re thrilled to welcome Volvo Car Group as our latest automotive partner.”
Henrik Green, Chief Technology Officer, Volvo Car Group: “Fully autonomous vehicles have the potential to improve road safety to previously unseen levels and to revolutionize the way people live, work and travel. Our global partnership with Waymo opens up new and exciting business opportunities for Volvo Cars, Polestar, and Lynk & Co.”
In addition to this latest automotive partnership, Waymo continues to benefit from strong partnerships with Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA), Jaguar Land Rover (JLR), and Renault Nissan Mitsubishi (The Alliance), allowing us to advance the deployment of our Waymo Driver across a variety of vehicle platforms.Read More
Related Google News:
- Using TFX inference with Dataflow for large scale ML inference patterns April 29, 2021
- Partnering with NSF to advance networking innovation April 27, 2021
- How Cloud Spanner helped Merpay easily scale to millions of users April 26, 2021
- Google Developer Group Spotlight: A conversation with Cloud Architect, Ilias Papachristos April 23, 2021
- When to use NoSQL: Bigtable powers personalization at scale April 23, 2021
- Multi-Task Robotic Reinforcement Learning at Scale April 19, 2021
- Continuous migration to Cloud SQL for terabyte-scale databases with minimal downtime April 13, 2021
- Why I Ride with Waymo: Barb April 12, 2021