Our focus on helpful devices: Google acquires North
Today we’re announcing that Google has acquired North, a pioneer in human computer interfaces and smart glasses. They’ve built a strong technology foundation, and we’re excited to have North join us in our broader efforts to build helpful devices and services.
From 10 blue links on a PC, to Maps on your mobile phone, to Google Nest Hub sharing a recipe in the kitchen, Google has always strived to be helpful to people in their daily lives. We’re building towards a future where helpfulness is all around you, where all your devices just work together and technology fades into the background. We call this ambient computing.
North’s technical expertise will help as we continue to invest in our hardware efforts and ambient computing future. They’ll join the Google team based in Kitchener-Waterloo, Canada—North’s hometown and an area with impressive tech talent. We’re excited to welcome our new colleagues, and committed to the growing global tech community of Kitchener-Waterloo. For more on what this announcement means for North and its community of customers and partners, read this blog post from North’s founders.
Related Google News:
- A Matter of Impact: March updates from Google.org March 26, 2021
- Discover the best products for everything on Google March 26, 2021
- Run a transformed supply chain – see how at Google’s Digital Supply Chain summit March 25, 2021
- TELUS International migrates key customer experience app to Google Cloud March 25, 2021
- Picture this: 10 whiteboard sketch videos that bring Google Cloud to life March 24, 2021
- Google BigQuery is a Leader in The 2021 Forrester Wave: Cloud Data Warehouse March 24, 2021
- India’s Google Developer Groups meet up to ace their Google Cloud Certifications March 24, 2021
- Meet the Google for Startups Accelerator Canada Class of 2021 March 24, 2021