Online Engagement and FMCG Spend in the UK
Are you an advertiser or agency interested in the UK FMCG sector? Are you looking for more information on ROPO (research online purchase offline) behaviour? Then check out this study that looks at ROPO behaviour in the UK FMCG sector focusing on FMCG searchers and those who have visited a grocery retail online site. The study combines single source data for online behaviors and offline purchases in those categories.
- In 2011, 64% of UK internet users spent significant time researching brands before making a major purchase (vs. 50% in 2008).
- 47% of main shoppers visit grocery retailer websites and 72% search for FMCG related terms. Two thirds of main shoppers search for Food & Drink related terms, half search for Beauty information.
- Main shoppers who Search & Visit spend +13% more in-store than those who do neither.
- Main shoppers who search for FMCG information online are younger, more affluent and have larger households.
Related Google News:
- Recommended strategies and best practices for designing and developing games and stories on… April 26, 2021
- Colgate-Palmolive moves to the cloud with Chrome Enterprise and Google Workspace April 26, 2021
- Data analytics and intelligence tools to play a key role post-COVID April 23, 2021
- Chrome 91: Handwriting Recognition, WebXR Plane Detection and More April 22, 2021
- Contributing to a sustainable future with Chrome OS and partners April 22, 2021
- Control your data usage and improve device performance with new data saver setting for… April 22, 2021
- Better protect your web apps and APIs against threats and fraud with Google Cloud April 22, 2021
- Cloud Spanner launches customer-managed encryption keys and Access Approval April 22, 2021