Office editing on Android brings G Suite collaboration to Microsoft Office files
Quick launch summary
We’re making Office editing available on Android. This feature brings the collaborative and assistive features of G Suite to your Microsoft Office files when you’re using your Android device. Already available on the web, it:
- Allows you to edit, comment, and collaborate on Microsoft Office files using Google Docs’, Sheets’, and Slides’ powerful real-time collaboration tools.
- Improves sharing options, improves sharing controls, and reduces the need to download and email file attachments.
- Streamlines workflows by reducing the need to convert file types.
Office editing will replace QuickOffice (sometimes known as Office Compatibility Mode), which has more limited functionality and collaboration capabilities. See more about Office editing in our announcement for the feature on the web.
- Rapid and Scheduled Release domains: Extended rollout (potentially longer than 15 days for feature visibility) starting on September 8, 2020
- Available to all G Suite customers and users with personal Google Accounts
Related Google News:
- Find files shared with you using updated search operators in Google Drive March 22, 2021
- Additional language support for live captions in Google Meet on Android and iOS devices March 22, 2021
- Android 12 Developer Preview 2 March 17, 2021
- Android Dev Challenge Finale: Weather app March 17, 2021
- Android Dev Challenge: Week 3 - Speed round March 10, 2021
- An update on Android's audio latency March 5, 2021
- Add files owned by suspended accounts to shared drives March 4, 2021
- Android Dev Challenge: Week 2 - Countdown timer March 3, 2021