Next OnAir as it happens: All the announcements in one place
Across our keynote presentations and breakout sessions over the nine weeks of Google Cloud Next ‘20: OnAir, we’ll be sharing a wealth of news and updates on all things cloud. And we want to make sure you don’t miss a thing. Check back in with this blog each week to see a running list of what’s happened—and what’s to come.
From major customer news, to solutions for every industry, to first-of-its-kind product announcements, week one of Next OnAir kicked off with a bang.
- After an inspiring intro from Alphabet and Google CEO Sundar Pichai, Next OnAir kicked off with Google Cloud CEO Thomas Kurian sharing an overview of our strategy and how we’re helping businesses grow and transform digitally. Read Thomas’ blog post or watch the keynote.
- We shared a number of new customer stories including our work with Deutsche Bank, FOX Sports, Procter & Gamble, Group Renault, Telefónica and Verizon.
- We announced BigQuery Omni, in private alpha, a flexible, multi-cloud analytics solution, powered by Anthos, that allows you to cost-effectively access and securely analyze data stored across Google Cloud, AWS, and Azure (coming soon), all without leaving the familiar BigQuery user interface.
- We announced our first Confidential Computing product—Confidential VMs (beta)—a breakthrough technology which encrypts data in-use—while it is being processed.
- We announced Assured Workloads for Government (in private beta) to help US government agencies, and the enterprises that serve them, serve government workloads without the compromises of traditional “government clouds.”
- We’re launching C2C, a new, independent community where our customers can learn, connect, and share knowledge.
- We announced the Google Cloud ISV/SaaS Center of Excellence (CoE), a new resource to help independent software vendor (ISVs) transform their applications with open, cloud-agnostic architectures, improve user experience through AI/ML and voice, and deliver intelligent insights from their applications by providing rich analytics to business users.
You’re invited to join us
Google Cloud Next ‘20 OnAir is running now through Sep 8, 2020, offering nine full weeks of programming to help you solve your toughest business challenges in the cloud. And the best part is you can join in, for free, no matter where you are, and at a time that works for you. Haven’t yet registered? Get started at g.co/cloudnext.
Related Google News:
- Reconstructing thousands of particles in one go at the CERN LHC with TensorFlow April 22, 2021
- Four consecutive years of 100% renewable energy—and what’s next April 20, 2021
- Optimize your user experience with these Place Autocomplete tips April 20, 2021
- In case you missed it: All our free Google Cloud training opportunities from Q1 April 16, 2021
- Leaf Space: Enabling next-gen satellites on Google Cloud April 9, 2021
- Lyra - enabling voice calls for the next billion users April 6, 2021
- Play ball! How MLB’s data cloud is delivering a next-level fan experience April 1, 2021
- Why Google Cloud is the ideal platform for Block.one and other DLT companies April 1, 2021