New Schema.org support for retailer shipping data
Quick summary: Starting today, we support
shippingDetails schema.org markup as an alternative way for retailers to be eligible for shipping details in Google Search results.
Since June 2020, retailers have been able to list their products across different Google surfaces for free, including on Google Search. We are committed to supporting ways for the ecosystem to better connect with users that come to Google to look for the best products, brands, and retailers by investing both in more robust tooling in Google Merchant Center as well as with new kinds of schema.org options.
Shipping details, including cost and expected delivery times, are often a key consideration for users making purchase decisions. In our own studies, we’ve heard that users abandon shopping checkouts because of unforeseen or uncertain shipping costs. This is why we will often show shipping cost information in certain result types, including on free listings on Google Search (currently in the US, in English only).
Retailers have always been able to configure shipping settings in Google Merchant Center in order to display this information in listings. Starting today, we now also support the
shippingDetails schema.org markup type for retailers who don’t have active Merchant Center accounts with product feeds.
For retailers that are interested in this new markup, check out our documentation to get started.
Posted by Kyle Kelly, Shopping Product Manager
Related Google News:
- How to transfer your data to Google Cloud April 27, 2021
- Turbocharge workloads with new multi-instance NVIDIA GPUs on GKE April 27, 2021
- Introducing new connectors for Workflows April 26, 2021
- Seven-Eleven Japan uses Google Cloud to serve up real-time data for fast business decisions April 26, 2021
- Sign here! Creating a policy contract with Configuration as Data April 26, 2021
- Data analytics and intelligence tools to play a key role post-COVID April 23, 2021
- Track changes in SQL Server on Google Cloud using Change Data Capture April 22, 2021
- Control your data usage and improve device performance with new data saver setting for… April 22, 2021