New Schema.org support for retailer shipping data
Quick summary: Starting today, we support
shippingDetails schema.org markup as an alternative way for retailers to be eligible for shipping details in Google Search results.
Since June 2020, retailers have been able to list their products across different Google surfaces for free, including on Google Search. We are committed to supporting ways for the ecosystem to better connect with users that come to Google to look for the best products, brands, and retailers by investing both in more robust tooling in Google Merchant Center as well as with new kinds of schema.org options.
Shipping details, including cost and expected delivery times, are often a key consideration for users making purchase decisions. In our own studies, we’ve heard that users abandon shopping checkouts because of unforeseen or uncertain shipping costs. This is why we will often show shipping cost information in certain result types, including on free listings on Google Search (currently in the US, in English only).
Retailers have always been able to configure shipping settings in Google Merchant Center in order to display this information in listings. Starting today, we now also support the
shippingDetails schema.org markup type for retailers who don’t have active Merchant Center accounts with product feeds.
For retailers that are interested in this new markup, check out our documentation to get started.
Posted by Kyle Kelly, Shopping Product Manager
Related Google News:
- Architect your data lake on Google Cloud with Data Fusion and Composer February 19, 2021
- New option to download third-party apps and domain wide delegation to CSV February 18, 2021
- New Calendar admin privilege hierarchy in the Admin console February 18, 2021
- Basis Universal Textures - Khronos Ratification and Support February 18, 2021
- New framework expands Google Cloud access globally February 18, 2021
- New in Google Cloud VMware Engine: improved reach, networking and scale February 18, 2021
- A new resource for coordinated vulnerability disclosure in open source projects February 17, 2021
- New to Google Cloud? Here are a few training options to help you get started February 17, 2021