New reports for Guided Recipes on Assistant in Search Console
Over the past two years, Google Assistant has helped users around the world cook yummy recipes and discover new favorites. During this time, web site owners have had to wait for Google to reprocess their web pages before they could see their updates on the Assistant. Along the way, we’ve heard many of you say you want an easier and faster way to know how the Assistant will guide users through a recipe.
We are happy to announce support for Guided Recipes in Search Console as well as in the Rich Results Test tool. This will allow you to instantly validate the markup for individual recipes, as well as discover any issues with all of the recipes on your site.
Guided Recipes Enhancement report
In Search Console, you can now view a Rich Result Status Report with the errors, warnings, and fully valid pages found among your site’s recipes. It also includes a check box to show trends on search impressions, which can help in understanding the impact of your rich results appearances.
In addition, if you find an issue and fix it, you can use the report to notify Google that your page has changed and should be recrawled.
|Image: Guided Recipes Enhancement report|
Guided Recipes in Rich Results Test
Add Guided Recipe structured data to a page and submit its URL – or just test a code snippet within the Rich Results Test tool. The test results show any errors or suggestions for your structured data as can be seen in the screenshot below.
|Image: Guided Recipes in Rich Results Test|
You can also use the Preview tool in the Rich Results Test to see how Assistant guidance for your recipe can appear on a smart display. You can find any issues with your markup before publishing it.
|Image: Guide Recipes preview in the Rich Results Test|
Posted by Earl J. Wagner, Software Engineer and Moshe Samet, Search Console Product Manager
Related Google News:
- Google Cloud announces new region to support growing customer base in Israel April 28, 2021
- Turbocharge workloads with new multi-instance NVIDIA GPUs on GKE April 27, 2021
- Introducing new connectors for Workflows April 26, 2021
- Recommended strategies and best practices for designing and developing games and stories on… April 26, 2021
- Control your data usage and improve device performance with new data saver setting for… April 22, 2021
- Use Virtual Private Cloud Service Controls to create security perimeters around Google Cloud… April 21, 2021
- New Redis Enterprise for Anthos and GKE April 21, 2021
- New ways we're making Meet calls easier (and more fun) April 21, 2021