New Groups will become the only user experience beginning November 2, 2020
Quick launch summary
In May 2020, we launched new Google Groups to provide a modern experience that matches Gmail and other Google services. In September, we made new Groups the default experience for all users, but allowed individual users to choose to use the classic Groups interface.
Starting on November 2, 2020 for Rapid Release domains and on November 9, 2020 for Scheduled Release domains, classic Groups will be turned off completely. After that date, there will be no option to use the old version (previously at Settings > Return to classic Google Groups). Users within your organization who were already using new Groups will not notice a change, but users who had chosen to use old Groups will be moved to the new interface.
- Admins: New groups will be the only experience available to all users. To prepare for this change, you can visit our Help Center to learn more about the new Groups release, and note the features from old Groups that will no longer be supported in new Groups.
- End users: Visit the Help Center to learn more about new Groups.
- Applicable to Essentials, Business Starter, Business Standard, Business Plus, Enterprise Essentials, Enterprise Standard, Enterprise Plus, Education, Enterprise for Education, and Nonprofits, and users with personal accounts.
Related Google News:
- Turbocharge workloads with new multi-instance NVIDIA GPUs on GKE April 27, 2021
- Introducing new connectors for Workflows April 26, 2021
- Admins will now be alerted when there is an issue with their Google Voice auto attendants or… April 26, 2021
- Control your data usage and improve device performance with new data saver setting for… April 22, 2021
- Earning customer trust through a pandemic: delivering our 2020 CCAG pooled audit April 22, 2021
- Google Meet now gives you more space for content and control over layouts for a more… April 21, 2021
- How we fought bad apps and developers in 2020 April 21, 2021
- New Redis Enterprise for Anthos and GKE April 21, 2021