New Groups will become the only user experience beginning November 2, 2020
Quick launch summary
In May 2020, we launched new Google Groups to provide a modern experience that matches Gmail and other Google services. In September, we made new Groups the default experience for all users, but allowed individual users to choose to use the classic Groups interface.
Starting on November 2, 2020 for Rapid Release domains and on November 9, 2020 for Scheduled Release domains, classic Groups will be turned off completely. After that date, there will be no option to use the old version (previously at Settings > Return to classic Google Groups). Users within your organization who were already using new Groups will not notice a change, but users who had chosen to use old Groups will be moved to the new interface.
- Admins: New groups will be the only experience available to all users. To prepare for this change, you can visit our Help Center to learn more about the new Groups release, and note the features from old Groups that will no longer be supported in new Groups.
- End users: Visit the Help Center to learn more about new Groups.
- Applicable to Essentials, Business Starter, Business Standard, Business Plus, Enterprise Essentials, Enterprise Standard, Enterprise Plus, Education, Enterprise for Education, and Nonprofits, and users with personal accounts.
Related Google News:
- Helping media companies navigate the new streaming normal October 12, 2020
- The new Nest Thermostat: more energy savings for more people October 12, 2020
- What’s new with Google Cloud October 11, 2020
- New look and feel for the Google Meet Android mobile app October 9, 2020
- Use new APIs to understand and audit group memberships October 9, 2020
- Access checker for Slides now checks permissions when you share with new users October 8, 2020
- Star favorite conversations in Google Groups October 8, 2020
- Announcing the 2020 Google PhD Fellows October 8, 2020