New device management API available in beta
We’re launching a beta for a new API to manage company-owned and personal mobile devices and desktop devices. It will work for devices managed via fundamental management, endpoint verification, Drive File Steam, and enhanced desktop security for Windows. Find out more about device management in G Suite.
The new API is part of the Cloud Identity API, and will eventually replace the Admin SDK Directory API used to manage mobile devices.
Admins and developers
Why you’d use it
The new API includes all the capabilities of the Admin SDK Directory API it will replace. In addition, it adds these new features over and above the Admin SDK:
- Ability to create and manage company owned devices
- Ability to manage Windows devices registered with the Google Credential Provider for Windows
- Ability to manage desktop services such as those with the “Endpoint Verification” extension or those with Drive File Stream installed on them
- Admins and developers: This beta is available by default. See our API documentation to learn more.
- End users: No impact for end users.
- Rapid and Scheduled Release domains: Gradual rollout (up to 15 days for feature visibility) starting on July 23, 2020
- The beta is open to all G Suite customers.
- Developer API documentation: https://cloud.google.com/identity/docs/apis
Related Google News:
- Control your data usage and improve device performance with new data saver setting for… April 22, 2021
- Getty Images supports its workforce with Chrome Browser Cloud Management April 22, 2021
- New Redis Enterprise for Anthos and GKE April 21, 2021
- New ways we're making Meet calls easier (and more fun) April 21, 2021
- Customers cut document processing time and costs with DocAI solutions, now generally available April 21, 2021
- New progress toward our 24/7 carbon-free energy goal April 20, 2021
- Tap into fan power with new YouTube Select sponsorships April 20, 2021
- A new certification for health insurance advertisers in the U.S. April 20, 2021