New default video playback option in Google Slides
Quick launch summary
We’re updating the default way videos play when you present in Google Slides. Now, the video will start playing when you click to advance the presentation. Previously, the presenter had to specifically click on the video to start playing.
With this launch, there are now three options to control playback:
- Play (on click) – Video will play when you advance the slide. (This is the new default option.)
- Play (automatically) – Video will play without you clicking to advance.
- Play (manual) – Video will play when you click specifically on the embedded video in the slide while presenting. (This was previously the default.)
The new play on click option works the same way as any other animation or slide transition. When you’re presenting a slide with an embedded video, advance the slide by pressing a key, clicking a mouse, or using a remote clicker, and the video will start playing. You can adjust the sequence the video plays in the animations sidebar, so you can coordinate playback with other animations on the slide.
Note that this change in default behavior will only apply to videos inserted after the launch takes place. Videos already in presentations will not change playback type automatically, but you can change them manually in the format options.
The new default will help make presentations flow better and reduce distractions, so presenters can focus on content rather than where they have to click.
- Admins: There is no admin control for this feature.
- End users: This feature will be ON by default and can be turned off for any video in video format options. Visit the Help Center to learn more about videos in Slides.
- Available to Essentials, Business Starter, Business Standard, Business Plus, Enterprise Essentials, Enterprise Standard, Enterprise Plus, Education, Enterprise for Education, and Nonprofits customers and users with personal accounts
Related Google News:
- Celebrating Earth Day with our inaugural Google for Startups Accelerator: Climate Change cohort April 22, 2021
- Better protect your web apps and APIs against threats and fraud with Google Cloud April 22, 2021
- Choosing the right orchestrator in Google Cloud April 21, 2021
- Use Virtual Private Cloud Service Controls to create security perimeters around Google Cloud… April 21, 2021
- Google Meet now gives you more space for content and control over layouts for a more… April 21, 2021
- Making meetings more immersive, inclusive, and productive with Google Meet April 21, 2021
- New Redis Enterprise for Anthos and GKE April 21, 2021
- New ways we're making Meet calls easier (and more fun) April 21, 2021