New comment interface for Google Drive, Docs, Sheets, and Slides rolling out to more devices
We’re updating the user interface for comments and action items in the Google Drive, Docs, Sheets, and Slides apps for iOS. These improvements include:
- Larger, clearer interface to make it easier to see comments and their context in a document.
- Shortcuts and gestures to help you quickly scroll through and respond to multiple comments.
- Quick access button to reply, “@” mention someone, and assign action items.
These updates were previously made available on the Docs, Sheets, and Slides Android apps; they’re now rolling out to the Drive Android app and the Docs, Sheets, and Slides iOS apps.
They’ll be made available on the Drive iOS app in the future. See below for more details on the rollout.
- Admins: There is no admin control for this feature.
- End users: This feature will be automatically available. To get started, tap on a comment when using the Docs, Sheets, or Slides app on an iOS device. Visit the Help Center to learn more about using comments and action items on iOS devices.
Docs, Sheets, and Slides on iOS
- Rapid and Scheduled Release domains: This feature is available with the latest version of the Docs, Sheets, and Slides iOS apps.
Drive Android app
- Rapid and Scheduled Release domains: This feature is available with the latest version of the Drive Android app.
Drive iOS app
- Devices Stay tuned to the Workspace Updates blog for information on when this will launch to iOS devices.
- Available to Google Workspace Essentials, Business Starter, Business Standard, Business Plus, Enterprise Essentials, Enterprise Standard, and Enterprise Plus, as well as G Suite Basic, Business, Education, Enterprise for Education, and Nonprofits customers
- Google Help: Use comments & action items
Related Google News:
- Introducing new connectors for Workflows April 26, 2021
- How to use multi-VPC networking in Google Cloud VMware Engine April 26, 2021
- Recommended strategies and best practices for designing and developing games and stories on… April 26, 2021
- La que nos une: Univision partners with Google Cloud to transform media experiences April 26, 2021
- Colgate-Palmolive moves to the cloud with Chrome Enterprise and Google Workspace April 26, 2021
- Seven-Eleven Japan uses Google Cloud to serve up real-time data for fast business decisions April 26, 2021
- Build security into Google Cloud deployments with our updated security foundations blueprint April 26, 2021
- Admins will now be alerted when there is an issue with their Google Voice auto attendants or… April 26, 2021