New comment interface for Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides on Android
We’re updating the user interface for comments and action items in the Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides apps for Android. Some of the changes you may notice include:
- Larger, clearer interface to make it easier to see comments and their context in a document.
- Shortcuts and gestures to help you quickly scroll through and respond to multiple comments.
- Quick access button to reply, “@” mention someone, and assign action items.
Why it matters
Commenting is a powerful way to collaborate on documents while remote. Comments can help you ask questions, document discussions, make sure other users see something, assign action items, and more. They’re particularly useful when working remotely, enabling multiple users to be part of discussions whenever and wherever it’s convenient for them.
- Admins: There is no admin control for this feature.
- End users: This feature will be ON by default. To get started, tap on a comment when using the Docs, Sheets, or Slides app on an Android device. Use the Help Center to learn more about using comments and action items on Android.
- Rapid and Scheduled Release domains: Gradual rollout (up to 15 days for feature visibility) starting on June 9, 2020
- Available to all G Suite customers and users with personal accounts.
Related Google News:
- End a Google Meet video call for everyone at once February 22, 2021
- More options for sharing your availability in Google Calendar February 22, 2021
- Improvements for locating new comments and important conversations in Google Docs February 22, 2021
- What’s in a name? Understanding the Google Cloud network “edge” February 22, 2021
- Fostering innovation in the Middle East, Turkey and Africa February 22, 2021
- New Association functionality added to Search Console February 22, 2021
- Google Workspace Updates Weekly Recap - February 19, 2021 February 19, 2021
- Architect your data lake on Google Cloud with Data Fusion and Composer February 19, 2021