New chart text and number formatting options in Sheets
Quick launch summary
We’re adding new features to help you customize chart text and numbers in Google Sheets. Specifically, you can now:
- Directly click on almost any chart text element and update both its content and style, most notably individual data labels and legend items.
- Set advanced number formatting options on both your data labels and axis labels, including the option to conditionally format by color.
- Use a contextual sidebar editing experience, making it easier to format individual data labels, legend items, and single data points.
See images below for demonstrations:
Customize the text content and style of legend items and single data labels
Advanced number formatting of chart data and axes labels (including conditional color formatting)
Quickly format single data columns, bars, or points using the contextual sidebar
- Admins: There is no admin control for this feature.
- End users: This feature will be ON by default. Visit the Help Center to learn more about adding charts or graphs in Sheets, or adding data labels, notes, or error bars to a chart.
- Available to all G Suite customers and users with personal accounts
Related Google News:
- Google Cloud announces new region to support growing customer base in Israel April 28, 2021
- Choose the best way to use and authenticate service accounts on Google Cloud April 27, 2021
- Apply context-aware access policies to mobile and desktop applications April 27, 2021
- Turbocharge workloads with new multi-instance NVIDIA GPUs on GKE April 27, 2021
- Introducing new connectors for Workflows April 26, 2021
- Recommended strategies and best practices for designing and developing games and stories on… April 26, 2021
- Colgate-Palmolive moves to the cloud with Chrome Enterprise and Google Workspace April 26, 2021
- Data analytics and intelligence tools to play a key role post-COVID April 23, 2021