New Calendar admin privilege hierarchy in the Admin console
You can now grant admin privileges for Calendar-related settings and resource management separately.
We’re changing the hierarchy of privileges within the Calendar privileges section of the Admin console. Before, to control calendar-related admin privileges, you had to use the “All Settings” checkbox, which controlled both calendar settings and resource management. Now, there’s a separate “Settings” checkbox which allows you to assign privileges related to calendar settings separately from resource management.
Why you’d use it
With this change, admins can now create more specified custom roles to delegate tasks clearly and without worrying who the appropriate user is, for example:
- An admin who can only manage buildings and resources
- An admin who can only see room insights
- An admin who can only modify calendar-related settings
- Admins: In the Admin console, go to Account > Admin roles and select the admin role for which you’d like to designate privileges. Click on Calendar.
- End users: No action required.
Existing pre-built and custom roles will NOT be affected by this change. To learn more about the different admin privileges and their definitions, check out the Help Center.
- Rapid Release and Scheduled Release domains: Gradual rollout (up to 15 days for feature visibility) starting on February 18, 2021
- Available to Google Workspace Essentials, Business Starter, Business Standard, Business Plus, Enterprise Essentials, Enterprise Standard, Enterprise Plus, Education Fundamentals, and Education Plus, as well as G Suite Basic, Business, and Nonprofits customers
Related Google News:
- New option to download third-party apps and domain wide delegation to CSV February 18, 2021
- New framework expands Google Cloud access globally February 18, 2021
- New in Google Cloud VMware Engine: improved reach, networking and scale February 18, 2021
- A new resource for coordinated vulnerability disclosure in open source projects February 17, 2021
- New to Google Cloud? Here are a few training options to help you get started February 17, 2021
- New private cloud networking whitepaper for Google Cloud VMware Engine February 17, 2021
- Charge it up: New Geo Maps features for electric vehicles rolling out in Canada February 17, 2021
- New whitepaper: CISO’s guide to Cloud Security Transformation February 16, 2021