New Assured Controls help support your information governance goals
Today we’re introducing Assured Controls for Google Workspace Enterprise Plus, an add-on that helps customers control cloud service provider access and attain their information governance goals.
As part of the Assured Controls feature set, we’ll first roll out Access Management. Access Management enables customers to geographically limit Google staff support actions to U.S. Persons within our Support teams. At launch, Access Management will be limited to accesses that are covered by Access Transparency in Gmail, Google Calendar, Google Docs, Google Drive, Google Sheets, and Google Slides, and will only be supported in the U.S. region. To learn more, contact Google Support or your account representative.
Note that we do not access customer data for any reason other than those necessary to provide support services and fulfill our contractual and legal obligations. When Support access is warranted, Access Management helps customers geographically limit that access.
For more information on this and other Google Workspace Security launches, see our Cloud Blog post and register for our upcoming Google Cloud Security Talk.
Why you’d use it
Some customers in regulated industries, particularly the public sector, have specific requirements related to cloud service provider access to data in the course of customer support interactions. Access Management provides customers with the ability to geographically limit those Google staff support actions.
As Assured Controls is available on Google Workspace’s native platform, you don’t need to move to a separate environment for access to these restriction capabilities. This can help reduce costs and complexity, while allowing your organization to benefit from the full set of advanced features that Google Workspace offers.
- Admins: Once you’ve purchased the Assured Controls add-on, you can assign licenses and manage the feature at Admin Console > Access Management. Users assigned the policy will have any data owned by them restricted to designated U.S. Persons within our support teams. Access Management is surfaced for logging in the Access Transparency logs. To learn more contact Google Support or your account representative
- End users: No end user impact.
- Contact your Google account representative to learn more about availability and timing.
- Google Workspace Assured Controls is available as an add-on to Google Workspace Enterprise Plus customers only. For more information, contact your Google account representative.
- Not available to Google Workspace Essentials, Business Starter, Business Standard, Business Plus, Enterprise Essentials, Enterprise Standard, Education Fundamentals, and Education Plus, as well as G Suite Basic, Business, and Nonprofits customers
Related Google News:
- Analyze your GKE and GCE logging usage data easier with new dashboards April 1, 2021
- Automatically save your response progress in Google Forms: Beta available for Google… April 1, 2021
- Add and manage four new types of citations in Google Docs March 31, 2021
- Modernizing your Google App Engine applications March 31, 2021
- Migrate your MySQL and PostgreSQL databases using Database Migration Service, now GA March 31, 2021
- Say "Hey Google..." to the new Fiat 500 Family March 31, 2021
- Find the right Certified Publishing Partner for your monetization needs March 30, 2021
- Organize your documents effortlessly with Stack March 30, 2021