New APIs to sign out users and control 2-Step Verification
Quick launch summary
We’re adding two new APIs to the Admin SDK Directory API:
Sign user out of all sessions
This new endpoint allows an admin to programmatically sign a user out of all web and device sessions. This can help manage account access when users leave an organization, if a device is lost or misplaced, or if a user forgot to sign out of a shared device. We do not recommend using this to sign users out and force a sign-in periodically; you can explore the Google web session control feature for that use case.
Turn off 2-Step Verification
This new endpoint allows an admin to turn 2-Step Verification (2SV) off programmatically. This action also removes all 2SV methods on the account. Note that in some cases, 2SV cannot be turned off for a user due to other policies that may be in effect. For example, a user may be enrolled in the Advanced Protection Program, or “2SV enforced” is turned on; in such cases the API will fail with an appropriate error code and message.
Note that both of these actions can already be performed via the Admin console. The current launch makes them accessible via API as well so they can be integrated into automated offboarding workflows.
- Rapid and Scheduled Release domains: This feature is available now for all users.
- Available to all G Suite customers
Related Google News:
- Run Data Science at Scale with Dataproc and Apache Spark February 23, 2021
- Your Android is now even safer — and 5 other new features February 23, 2021
- New Password Checkup Feature Coming to Android February 23, 2021
- Scale model training in minutes with RAPIDS + Dask and NVIDIA GPUs on AI Platform February 23, 2021
- Our all-new TalkBack screen reader February 23, 2021
- Improvements for locating new comments and important conversations in Google Docs February 22, 2021
- Fostering innovation in the Middle East, Turkey and Africa February 22, 2021
- New Association functionality added to Search Console February 22, 2021