Mute all Google Meet participants at once
Meeting hosts in Google Workspace for Education Fundamentals and Education Plus domains can now mute everyone all at once in Google Meet.
|New host option to mute all participants|
This feature will launch to additional Google Workspace editions in the coming months.
Why you’d use it
This change gives the host more control by helping them prevent or stop disruptions coming from unmuted users.
The meeting host is the only user in a meeting who can use the “mute all” feature. Once all participants are muted, the meeting host cannot unmute them. However, users will be able to unmute themselves as needed.
The mute all feature will only be available for hosts who are joining from a desktop browser, but will be launching on other platforms in the coming months.
- Admins: There is no admin control for this feature.
- End users: This feature will be available by default to meeting hosts. Visit the Help Center to learn more about muting participants in Google Meet.
- Available to Google Workspace for Education Fundamentals and Education Plus customers
- Not available to Google Workspace Essentials, Business Starter, Business Standard, Business Plus, Enterprise Essentials, Enterprise Standard, and Enterprise Plus, as well as G Suite Basic, Business, and Nonprofits customers
- This feature was listed as an upcoming release.
Related Google News:
- Celebrating Black History Month at Google Canada: Meet Blessing Nnachi February 23, 2021
- Updates on Google Health’s clinical tools February 23, 2021
- Announcing the 12 remarkable innovators selected for the upcoming Google for Startups… February 22, 2021
- End a Google Meet video call for everyone at once February 22, 2021
- More options for sharing your availability in Google Calendar February 22, 2021
- Improvements for locating new comments and important conversations in Google Docs February 22, 2021
- What’s in a name? Understanding the Google Cloud network “edge” February 22, 2021
- Google Workspace Updates Weekly Recap - February 19, 2021 February 19, 2021