More fun in the living room with Android TV and with Google Cast speakers
When it comes to home entertainment, the living room is more connected than ever. Approximately 88% of consumer electronic devices shipped in 2015 were Internet-enabled.* When devices in the home are connected, it’s important to have platforms that make it easy for you to stream your favorite digital music and movies.
Android TV brings apps, games, movies, shows, music and more to the biggest screen in your home. From smart TVs to cable box operators, many devices support the Android TV experience. Now you’ve got even more options to find the device that’s right for you. If you’re looking for a new TV, you can select an Android TV from Sony, Sharp and Philips. Later this year, Android TV will be available from Arcelik, Vestel, RCA, Hisense, TCL and Bang & Olufsen. And, for our users in Indonesia, Linknet now has an Android TV offering.
Google Cast for speakers
Google Cast, the same technology built into Chromecast, is now embedded directly into speakers, sound bars, and A/V receivers so you can cast music from your favorite app on your phone or any music streaming website on Chrome. Throughout 2016, you’ll be able to enjoy Google Cast speakers from B&O Play, Harman Kardon, Onkyo, Philips, Pioneer, and Raumfeld. Sony and LG, who were among the first to include Google Cast in their speakers, are also refreshing their speaker lineups. Cast-enabled software and hardware from Frontier Silicon and StreamUnlimited will make it easier for more audio companies to join the Google Cast family.
Check back for more hardware and content news throughout the year.
*Strategy Analytics Connected CE Devices Market Forecast, July 2015
Related Google News:
- Analyze your GKE and GCE logging usage data easier with new dashboards April 1, 2021
- Automatically save your response progress in Google Forms: Beta available for Google… April 1, 2021
- 11 quick tips for making the most of Gmail, Meet, Calendar, and more in Google Workspace April 1, 2021
- Unlock geospatial insights with Data Studio and BigQuery GIS April 1, 2021
- University of Missouri expands data analytics with Google Cloud April 1, 2021
- Why Google Cloud is the ideal platform for Block.one and other DLT companies April 1, 2021
- Maps tips for the adventurer, foodie and go-getter in you April 1, 2021