Modernizing enterprise data warehousing with Actian Avalanche on Google Cloud
Increasingly, businesses are looking to the cloud to derive more value out of their business data. At Google Cloud, we’re committed to providing customers choice across technology, solutions, and partnerships.
Our work with HCL Technologies is an example of this. HCL, which launched its Google Cloud Business Unit in 2019, is helping organizations across industries accelerate their migrations to Google Cloud, and has named Google Cloud its preferred cloud provider for several key verticals. As part of this work, last month HCL announced that its Actian Avalanche hybrid cloud data warehousing service will be available on Google Cloud.
Actian Avalanche is a high-performance hybrid cloud data warehouse designed to power an enterprise’s most demanding operational analytics workloads. Together with BigQuery, Google Cloud’s enterprise data warehouse, customers now have choice and flexibility to modernize their data warehouses in the cloud for business agility.
Actian Avalanche enables a seamless path to migrate legacy data warehouses, including IBM Netezza and Oracle Exadata, to Google Cloud, through a hybrid-cloud offering leveraging Google Cloud’s Anthos application platform. By modernizing enterprise data analytics, customers can improve performance by up to 20 percent on Google Cloud vs other clouds per Actian’s tests, while building a foundation for future innovation and scale in the cloud.
Actian Avalanche on Google Cloud utilizes underlying infrastructure technologies like Google Kubernetes Engine, Dataproc, and Cloud Storage. Actian is tightly integrated with Looker for data visualization and is actively engaged with Google Cloud engineering teams for integrations with Pub/Sub, Dataflow, Dataprep, and Kubeflow.
Interested in learning more about Actian Avalanche on Google Cloud? We’re offering an interactive webinar: Future of Cloud Data Warehousing. The webinar will feature Manvinder Singh, Director, IaaS/PaaS Partnerships at Google Cloud and Raghu Chakravarthi, Actian’s Chief Product Officer, on October 21 at 11am PT (2pm ET). To join us, sign up here.
We’re excited to continue to expand our strategic relationship with HCL, a trusted IT and business transformation partner to businesses around the globe.
Related Google News:
- Google Cloud announces new region to support growing customer base in Israel April 28, 2021
- How to transfer your data to Google Cloud April 27, 2021
- Choose the best way to use and authenticate service accounts on Google Cloud April 27, 2021
- SRE at Google: Our complete list of CRE life lessons April 27, 2021
- Google Vault now supports Google Sites April 27, 2021
- How to use multi-VPC networking in Google Cloud VMware Engine April 26, 2021
- Recommended strategies and best practices for designing and developing games and stories on… April 26, 2021
- La que nos une: Univision partners with Google Cloud to transform media experiences April 26, 2021