Manage groups programmatically with the Cloud Identity Groups API beta
We’re launching a new Cloud Identity Groups API. This will enable you to create and manage Google Groups and their memberships for your domain via API. Previously, API support for group management was available only via the Admin SDK and therefore was accessible only to domain admins. With this launch, the APIs can be accessed by admins as well as non-admins. Once you create groups via the API, you can view and manage them through the Google Groups web UI (groups.google.com), through the Admin console, or via the API.
Using the new API you can:
- Create and delete groups
- See and update group metadata
- Add members to and remove members from a group
- Modify member roles within a group
See our developer documentation for more details on how to use the Cloud Identity Groups API.
Admins, developers, and end users
Why you’d use it
Groups are an important tool to manage communication, access, and security for organizations. Adding the ability to create and manage groups via an API can help make group management more scalable and efficient.
Available to admins, developers, and end users
Business teams can create and manage groups they own without being granted admin permissions, preventing them from managing additional, unnecessary groups and saving the admin team time. This allows teams to manage their work more efficiently without creating any security risks from assigning admin permissions when they are only needed for this specific task.
- Admins and developers: This is available to all users in beta. See our developer documentation for more details on how to use the Cloud Identity Groups API.
- End users: End users can use the API within the scope they have to create and manage groups. See our developer documentation for more details on how to use the Cloud Identity Groups API.
- This feature is available now for all users in beta.
- Available to all G Suite customers
Related Google News:
- Check, please! Billing in Cloud Storage March 25, 2021
- Rethinking ‘rehost, replatform, rearchitect’: Cloud migration for the real world March 25, 2021
- TELUS International migrates key customer experience app to Google Cloud March 25, 2021
- Meet the EMEA startups and scaleups redefining their industries with cloud technology March 25, 2021
- Picture this: 10 whiteboard sketch videos that bring Google Cloud to life March 24, 2021
- Google BigQuery is a Leader in The 2021 Forrester Wave: Cloud Data Warehouse March 24, 2021
- India’s Google Developer Groups meet up to ace their Google Cloud Certifications March 24, 2021
- A Google Cloud VMware Engine cheat sheet March 23, 2021